Shelby American is coming out with a new forged wheel

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
Good timing... I am in the market for new tires and possibly wheels. I am not a curb rubber, so I am not concerned about the spokes :)

I am very interested in the Forgestar F14s in gunmetal, just not sure how they will look on my blue car with white stripes. I think I would prefer a chrome finish.

Teddy O

Established Member
This is exciting. The SS wheels are the only wheels I like better than stock, but I missed the boat on purchasing a set. Maybe these will be equally awesome.

HateFist

Established Member
What did the SS wheels go for originally, when you could actually buy them from the store? $1000 each?

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
this is what retail pricing will be....
costs-an-arm-and-a-leg.jpg

TXRickC

Established Member
I also don't like them, well if it didn't have the "Forged" "Shelby" "American" on it I think I'd like them more, but not at that price.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I believe they were $495 each, originally.

Yes, originally the non-Super Snake engraved Alcoa's were $494 for the 9" and $499 for the 10". I always thought it was funny..........$6 difference in price for 1" difference in width........

It finally looks like the Alcoa craze is cooling down somewhat. I think a set of new 50th anniv. Alcoa's can be found for under $3000 if a person were to shop around. The older Alcoa's that say "Shelby Forged" only without the 50th anniversary seem to bring a little more $$$ and the Super Snake engraved seem to command the top $$$.

Now that the Alcoa is not used on any 2007-2014 production Super Snake, the Alcoa's that are out there in the market place are all that were made, and no more.

R

Last edited:

andymarkv

Established Member
Yes, originally the non-Super Snake engraved Alcoa's were $494 for the 9" and $499 for the 10". I always thought it was funny..........$6 difference in price for 1" difference in width........
That's why I have a hard time swallowing the price of chrome BMC replicas.....only 100 bucks less a wheel than forged Alcoa's....?
Supply & demand + availability dictates price I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread