Shelby 5.4L modular GT500 shortblock for sale

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
I am selling the shortblock out of my 2007 Shelby GT500. It's assembled and ready to be matted with your heads and turn your regular ford into a 800+ hp capable beast! It's in perfect shape and runs hard. It's a 5.4L iron block with forged mahle pistons, forged crank and cracked forged i beam rods. I have put 8,400 miles on it, mostly from driving from Los Angeles to Chicago. The shortblock cost $8,000 from ford, I am asking $3,000 or best offer.

Kenne bell has tested this shortblock up to horsepower levels over 810rwhp (over 900 at the engine!!!) without any failure!

This is a perfect motor for a lightning truck upgrade or a cobra R upgrade. It would also be a great start for a 5.4L swap into a 4.6L, or 5.0L mustang or other vehicle. 2, 3, and 4 valve ford heads will work with this motor! Perfect for n/a or forced induction!

Pistons Forged aluminum
Connecting Rods Cracked forged steel I-beams
Bore x stroke 3.552 x 4.165 in. / 90.2 x 105.8 mm
Displacement 330 cu. in. / 5,409 cc
Compression ratio 8.4:1

The only reason for the sale is because I intend to build a motor that will handle over 1000rwhp, and so far this motor hasn't been tested at that levels yet (not saying that it couldn't handle it). I have yet to see of hear about an engine failure from a Shelby! This motor is stout.

The shortblock is still installed in my Shelby, but can be delivered within less than one month of date of sale. I will not put any more miles on it, as my car is parked for the winter.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140097066247

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
A 4v piston has a smaller dish than a 2v one, this it to compensate for the increased combustion chamber volume of a 4v v. 2v.

A thing to keep in mind is that a lot of L owners increase their compression when going built, so this is not necessarily a bad thing.

harleytruck9144

Established Member
is this the same BLOCK as in a lightning or harley truck? i just vented the block in my 03 harley truck and was wondering if this is a direct replacement or if any mods are required. please let me know, thanks...

Users who are viewing this thread