Shelby 1000 wheels??? Please help find!

blake4powers

Slowly Learning
Established Member
Can someone please give me a lead on some Shelby 1000 wheels? Or at least some repros? I've been looking everywhere and can't find anything.. Thanks in advance!!

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Only available from SAI, I don't think you can buy them other than as part of a package.
Have never seen any knock-offs.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Can someone please give me a lead on some Shelby 1000 wheels? Or at least some repros? I've been looking everywhere and can't find anything.. Thanks in advance!!

If you aren't looking for a set with the Shelby specific engraving, but instead the wheels without the Shelby specifics, I believe Hyperstangs makes both the current 3-pc. Super Snake wheel and the Shelby 1000 wheel.

I would contact Hyperstangs. Here is a link to a thread with an email to Jeff at Hyperstangs........

http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/81-...hyperstangs-signature-wheels-coming-soon.html

R

Last edited:

shelby2

Established Member
If these are the wheels your looking for, Have a set 20x9 front 20x11 rears, that I would be willing to sell. s-l1600 (6).jpgs-l1600.jpg
Thanks Mark:coolman:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
OP - Are you looking for the wheels as are shown above in the previous post^^^^^^? These wheels were first shown on the Shelby 1000, but are different from what is currently being installed.

R

Last edited:

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
Op---If this helps, when I was at Fords @ Carlisle a few years ago and spoke with a Shelby rep when they had the Shelby 1000 on display there he told me the wheels were made for them by HRE. Of course, things could have changed since then--LOL

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Op---If this helps, when I was at Fords @ Carlisle a few years ago and spoke with a Shelby rep when they had the Shelby 1000 on display there he told me the wheels were made for them by HRE. Of course, things could have changed since then--LOL

^^^^^I think you may be right about HRE. The wheels in my post do not look like the wheels on the Shelby 1000 build. I edited my post.

R

Last edited:

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
I think the Shelby 1000 has these wheels installed at Shelby.............

Hey Robert---I must say you always seem to find the right answers with pics!!! Good job. BTW, If I'm not mistaken we both had our 08 GT-500's shipped to Gaudin Ford in Las Vegas from the Auto Alliance Plant as courtesy deliveries to have the Super Snake package done. I think I had mine done first though in the middle of May 2008. Correct me if I'm wrong. OP-sorry to jump in your thread with clutter.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I think the Shelby 1000 has these wheels installed at Shelby.............

Hey Robert---I must say you always seem to find the right answers with pics!!! Good job. BTW, If I'm not mistaken we both had our 08 GT-500's shipped to Gaudin Ford in Las Vegas from the Auto Alliance Plant as courtesy deliveries to have the Super Snake package done. I think I had mine done first though in the middle of May 2008. Correct me if I'm wrong. OP-sorry to jump in your thread with clutter.

^^^^Thanks. Yes, I do like pictures.

A friend of mine from Calhoun Ga. sent a 2007 out together with my 2008 in mid-2008 via a friend who has a two car enclosed transport trailer. The two GT500's were stored in his warehouse until mid-December 2008 when Shelby called our numbers together. The cars were built side-by-side in the Mod Shop completed in January 2009 and then shipped back together to the east coast, his to Georgia and mine to Florida. I have pictures from the Mod Shop stalls/lifts as the cars were being built (thanks to Bud!!). The only ways we knew which car was which from the outside (both were Torch Red) was originally I had Black stripes and the 2007 had White, and then once they were restriped, mine had HID's and Sat. Radio delete, the '07 did not have HID's and did have Sat. radio.

He has since sold his 2007...............and I am always seem to find somewhere else to spend more $$$ on my 2008...........

R

Last edited:

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
^^^^Thanks. Yes, I do like pictures.

A friend of mine from Calhoun Ga. sent a 2007 out together with my 2008 in mid-2008 via a friend who has a two car enclosed transport trailer. The two GT500's were stored in his warehouse until mid-December 2008 when Shelby called our numbers together. The cars were built side-by-side in the Mod Shop completed in January 2009 and then shipped back together to the east coast, his to Georgia and mine to Florida. I have pictures from the Mod Shop stalls/lifts as the cars were being built (thanks to Bud!!). The only ways we knew which car was which from the outside (both were Torch Red) was originally I had Black stripes and the 2007 had White, and then once they were restriped, mine had HID's and Sat. Radio delete, the '07 did not have HID's and did have Sat. radio.

He has since sold his 2007...............and I am always seem to find somewhere else to spend more $$$ on my 2008...........

R
Thanks for the reply. I'm confusing you with another individual who was a car salesman at a dealership who was very active on the Shelby forums I believe. He started a bunch of threads, in particular a thread to post your SS CSM # if you recall back when Shelby first started building them in early 08. He was the one who had his car sent to Gaudin Ford as a courtesy delivery like me. He eventually sold his car for personal reasons. You may know who I'm referring to. In any event, keep up the good work on sharing all the pics and tech data you have. They're always very informative!

Users who are viewing this thread