Sheet metal Repair: Options?

pwnyryd

Established Member
I have a rock-impact hit on my drivers door, it left a 1" gash in the sheet metal (dent also). The first quote I received was typical bondo and paint fix. What other options (2012 Black SVT) should I push for? The sheet metal itself is scratched, deep. There is a dent, as well.
Thanks in advance.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I am not sure if Ford offers door skin replacement panels, it might be worth calling a Ford certified body repair facility to find out. Otherwise a sand, body fill, sand again and paint will be your only option

pwnyryd

Established Member
Is it a gash or a crease? A crease can be pulled and minimal filler used. 50/50 on a door skin if the guy is having a bad day or inexperienced you could end up with more filler then the dent repair.

Def a gash, the metal is exposed and was gouged. It will need to be sanded, at least. From what I can tell, the rock departed the road from a semi-trailer wheel, sideways (It was passing me at the time) and hit my door.

pwnyryd

Established Member
The body shop wants to redo the door, and the front fender, to ensure a complete match.

Attachments

• Rockhit.jpg
    537.3 KB · Views: 103

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
That can be pulled/pushed out, skimmed, blended and you'll never know it was there.

I accidentally knocked a folding ladder into the drivers door of my car last summer. It was way worse than what you have pictured. Couldn't even tell anything happened now.

Users who are viewing this thread