Shedding some pounds on my truck.....

BC Lightning

Project Panty Dropper
Established Member
Fade inspired me, so I figured I'd shed some weight on my truck

Fiberglass leaf springs and carbon fiber driveshaft

IMG_0995.gif

I can't wait to get the frame back from the powder coaters to start piecing her back together :banana:

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
Hey bic, you still going with the fiberglass front fenders and bumper?

Also what leaf springs did you have that you are replacing the fiberglass ones with?

Last edited:

BC Lightning

Project Panty Dropper
Established Member
Hey bic, you still going with the fiberglass front fenders and bumper?

Also what leaf springs did you have that you are replacing the fiberglass ones with?

Not sure exactly how much it will shed but when I picked up the stock and carbon fiber driveshaft the CF was a bit lighter

I've ordered it, but not going to use it, going to sell it to a white turbo L that needs it more than me

I had the Roush suspension, I'm getting rid of the front springs and going with the QA1 coilover kit with JJ's UCA and LCA kit

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
You going to get the front bumper in Fiberglass? Is that what you mean? I was looking at a fiberglass one from DMG or somewhere (cant find the f'in site anymore) that was fiberglass but i've always heard fiberglass will crack at the smallest things, and for rock bearing front bumpers, that scares me.

BC Lightning

Project Panty Dropper
Established Member
You going to get the front bumper in Fiberglass? Is that what you mean? I was looking at a fiberglass one from DMG or somewhere (cant find the f'in site anymore) that was fiberglass but i've always heard fiberglass will crack at the smallest things, and for rock bearing front bumpers, that scares me.

051.jpg

photo831.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread