she goes to the shop Aug 1st!

1badblownstang

juiced snake
Established Member
lets see, in the closet right now: f1 procharger w/race 3core IC, big red bov, iw 10%od pulley, 80lb inj, anderson powerpipe, 3.85 blower pulley, gates fleetrunner greenbelt, all t-bolt clamps, glenns sumped tank, weldon db2025a, weldon controller, mcleod rtx twin disk, built t-56, aem meth kit, raptor shift light, sos gauge pod, AM boost/fuel pressure gauges, slp line lock, 305/35/18 r888's, etc. Only wating on NASVT to finish the intakes in front of me then the ported short runner will be added to the stock pile of parts.

Needless to say, I'm excited! Im hoping for 500rwhp, bwhahhahahaha

BTW, I picked the f1 and glenns sumped tank so I could be stealthy:dw:

fastback brian

Established Member
overdrive pulley and the f1.. sound like some boost... what f blower?? I know on my GT with the 3.85 pulley it made 18 psi by 6500 very easy, I had 4.30's and went back to 3.55's.. no lack of low end power if it boosts 20+ by 6500..

01bluesnake

Established Member
Sounds like your going to have a nasty setup ;-)
Here's my F1A on test start up after the 8 rib. I got rid of the idea of using all the procharger piping, and as you will find out the IC 3 core race fits like crap with tabs the have welded on. the whole core gets blocked by the bumper support. Here is a link to mine, with pic's and what i did. any more Q's just pm me :thumbsup:

Knock Knock, who's there? - Page 3 - Chicago SVT

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oZ5pSKjdE0"]YouTube- '01 cobra F1A start up[/nomedia]

wma8706

Established Member
Alright you guys...... I wasn't born yesterday! What's done to the motor? F1 is a nasty centri blower. 500 rwhp....:rolleyes: .... maybe running on 7 cylinders!

Last edited:

GoatSlayer

Banned
lets see, in the closet right now: f1 procharger w/race 3core IC, big red bov, iw 10%od pulley, 80lb inj, anderson powerpipe, 3.85 blower pulley, gates fleetrunner greenbelt, all t-bolt clamps, glenns sumped tank, weldon db2025a, weldon controller, mcleod rtx twin disk, built t-56, aem meth kit, raptor shift light, sos gauge pod, AM boost/fuel pressure gauges, slp line lock, 305/35/18 r888's, etc. Only wating on NASVT to finish the intakes in front of me then the ported short runner will be added to the stock pile of parts.

Needless to say, I'm excited! Im hoping for 500rwhp, bwhahhahahaha

BTW, I picked the f1 and glenns sumped tank so I could be stealthy:dw:

Where can i get an F1a procharger. Right now i have the PSc1.

1badblownstang

juiced snake
Established Member
Bluesnake appreciate the link , sweet ass car! A member on
here Jon (my2003mach1) spent about an hour on the phone
with me going over a bunch of stuff regarding this build.
The difference between our cars is his is stroker but with
a stock intake no head work and smaller cams. His car
makes 715rwhp with 13* of timing. Our pulley set up is the
same but he bigger exhaust so not sure the boost numbers
will be the same but it should be close.

Onto the questions: you can either buy and f series head unit
or scour the boards for someone selling one. The average
price is around 2k. The f1, f1a and f1c all fit in p1/d1 brackets.
Not sure about the f1r.
The 500 hp comment was a joke. The motor is fully built
9:1diamond pistons, h beams, dss girdle, billet oil pump, arp
everything and the biggest cams comp makes for the 4v. C
the car spins 7500 easily.
And yes merging onto the interstate should be A breeze;)

I will update this with pics and vids as things progress.
Again big thanks to my2003mach1.

1badblownstang

juiced snake
Established Member
Ah two I missed. Yes I'm keeping
the 410s for now and it's an F1. Not an f1a
there is about 50 cfm difference and pc
told me it would be a waste of money
to upgrade unless I go f1c (someday).
This car will only see 100 miles a month
or so. The biggest worry is the IRS if I
break it I will probably swap to a sra.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
An F1!! nice!!!

why stop at the F1 should make 500 without breaking a sweat...with your built motor i would shoot for 18-20 PSI and hold the F on!

1badblownstang

juiced snake
Established Member
An F1!! nice!!!

why stop at the F1 should make 500 without breaking a sweat...with your built motor i would shoot for 18-20 PSI and hold the F on!

actually Im shooting for 25+psi and somewhere between 6 and 700 hp on a MD. The 500 was a joke, I would have to put a 7" blower pulley on it lol.

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
why? I only drive it around town when its nice out. I drove the car as a dd for 2 years and put 30k on it. Sad would beating the hell out of it driving it back and forth to work.

That is what they are made for :beer: Having fun and showing them off. I know when I finally get all my together it will be pretty close to a DD. It is my DD right now but I intend to keep it that way as well. I can see not driving it in snow or rain but sitting it in a garage and never driving it. I see no point why keep the thing if it is going sit there and do nothing :dw: That's my opinion in the whole thing. I have never understood that. Should be sweet when done though. Excited to see the end result :rockon::burnout:

fastback brian

Established Member
the F1 is a bad ass race blower for sure, and its suited to high rpm power that the 4v likes to make...good idea to keep the 4.10's, that blower is gutless at low/mid rpms, should be very easy to drive on the street until 5500 rpms comes around and then hold on.....Im thinking your gonna need to pulley down to a 3.6 and max blower speed to make better use of it...
Your gonna try to set this up on the 01 front cover with the single bolt tensioner???

Users who are viewing this thread