Shaving/Sanding BOSS 302 top cover...........

04SNK390HP

I hate SHEEPLE
Established Member
Not sure if it's ever been done before or not. Does anyone know if the inside casting of the Boss 302 manifold is smooth or are the raised ribs and lettering on top of the manifold part of the inside casting. I would assume it's smooth but not sure. If someone knows please chime in. Below is a pic showing the areas that I will be shaving/sanding down:

Raised ribs in red and the "BOSS 302" lettering:
images.jpg

I would like to shave/sand down those areas and paint it either Oxford White or Matte Black. Thanks in advance!!

Would like to turn it in to this but obviously cleaner:
images1.jpg

OR

images2.jpg

-Nick

Deerslayer

Established Member
It snaps out I believe. Just remove it and replace the area with a fabbed piece of your own.

nosscort

Established Member
you can probably sand it down and paint it just like people have been doing with the CJ manifold

Deerslayer

Established Member
Here is a pic of it apart. You wont be able to just sand it smooth. You will need to fab a piece and replace it if you want it smooth.
126392d1341879463t-boss-302-intake-manifold-photo-1-.jpg

Voltwings

Established Member
I like where you're going with this... i hope to see a finished product, that could look pretty slick.

04SNK390HP

I hate SHEEPLE
Established Member
Here's a quick shot of what I've been working on the past couple days. It's painted in white plasti dip. I will be pulling the dip off to do some more work on the smoothness of the top cover. It looks pretty good right now but my OCD gets the best of me sometimes.

-Nick

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread