Shaved Door handles pics

Brenton

Established Member
thinking about shaving my door handles off for theft reasons but want to know what it looks like befor doing it if you have any post them up....

lightningonbags

Established Member
Here is one I PS of Chris Nelson's truck when I wanted to see what it would look like on mine.

Here is mine after it was done sorry but its still in primer.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
^^^ Even torn apart that truck still looks good.

I'm gonna be up in your neck of the woods next weekend. Gee, I wonder what for?

lightningonbags

Established Member
RIDE THE said:
^^^ Even torn apart that truck still looks good.

I'm gonna be up in your neck of the woods next weekend. Gee, I wonder what for?

Eric, what are you going to be up this way for?

^^ surprised you didn't shave the gas door as well :p

Oh its far from finished. Im working on a deal for a custom made fuel tank that fit inside the frame rails but still uses the stock sending unit and hardware. If everything works out with that the fuel door is gone. :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:

SADF

Established Member
That truck is sick, but Im not feeling the Rims at all. Its funny, that was the first style of "Big Rim" I ever saw. In 2000 my friend got some Dubs and we rod out to BuckHead in his 2000 Silverado. They were those same wheels! 20s were so rare (and we were in ATL mind you which is ghetto enough to have dubs like crazy now) that there was only one truck the going down
1-85 with 20's. It got next to us and we rode down 1-85 the whole way next to this 'Burban. I should have my air suspension done in a month or so. I have everything except the 6 link and I have decided to take mine to a place and have them build something strong and custom with a sick bridge (I was going to go with the KP kit, but didnt know how strong it would be. Plust I figured with the amount of money I would be spending on it I could get a custom one near the same price)

ASUSMC

Oh Hi!!!
Established Member
Did you think about makin it old school and making the fill for the gas tank behind the license plate????

lightningonbags

Established Member
SADF said:
That truck is sick, but Im not feeling the Rims at all. Its funny, that was the first style of "Big Rim" I ever saw. In 2000 my friend got some Dubs and we rod out to BuckHead in his 2000 Silverado. They were those same wheels! 20s were so rare (and we were in ATL mind you which is ghetto enough to have dubs like crazy now) that there was only one truck the going down
1-85 with 20's. It got next to us and we rode down 1-85 the whole way next to this 'Burban. I should have my air suspension done in a month or so. I have everything except the 6 link and I have decided to take mine to a place and have them build something strong and custom with a sick bridge (I was going to go with the KP kit, but didnt know how strong it would be. Plust I figured with the amount of money I would be spending on it I could get a custom one near the same price)

I have the KP kit for mine but we are going to mod it to fit on the inside of the rails so I can run some BIG rear wheels(like 20X13 or even 20X15:eek: :eek: :eek: ). Here is a pic of my bridge. Its an old pic and the rear is all painted now.

Maple Grove = NHRA

I figured thats what you would be here for.:burnout: :burnout:

Did you think about makin it old school and making the fill for the gas tank behind the license plate????

I can't due to the fact that my cantilever setup will be on the inside of the rails in the rear.

Sorry BRENTON didn't mean to hijack.:beer:

Last edited:

Stinger2007

Established Member
I loved the look on my previous truck however, I had issues with the "forget the technical name for it" mechanism "silinoid", that springs the door open. I had someone use a screwdriver trying to break in, someon must have disturbed the thiefs because they never got in.

I just decided to shave them instead of repairing the metal and chance it happening again. I loved the look, got many compliments. Make sure you have a reputable place do the work, in case something goes arye. Also, have a back up plan for getting in incase you get pushed in the lake with your remote in your pocket, LOL! or the battery goes dead. Otherwise, you'll be forced to break something to get in. LOL!

Good luck.

ps..i'll never do again for a daily driver, but for a weekend, or show truck, sure.

Last edited:

I'D WIN

Established Member
The Lightning has a LOT of door to shave the handles (alone) but I would like to shave the tailgate handle eventually.

IMO, if you shave the door handles, go all out and do the entire truck.

Scotts Elle

Yup. Still don't care.
Established Member
lightningonbags said:
I have the KP kit for mine but we are going to mod it to fit on the inside of the rails so I can run some BIG rear wheels(like 20X13 or even 20X15:eek: :eek: :eek: ). Here is a pic of my bridge. Its an old pic and the rear is all painted now.

I can't due to the fact that my cantilever setup will be on the inside of the rails in the rear.

Sorry BRENTON didn't mean to hijack.:beer:

The KP stuff is really easy to get inside the frame rails. The only thing you will have to really fab/relocate is axle spring purches(spelling?). The KP axle brackets use them to locate them on the lower half of the axle.

That will look great!

Last edited:

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
I'D WIN said:
The Lightning has a LOT of door to shave the handles (alone) but I would like to shave the tailgate handle eventually.

Me too. I hate the tail gate handle. I really want it to disappear.:poke:

lightning_2001

Established Member
i say shave the doors off also and shimy in the window j/k.i always wondered what the L would look like with the shaved handles.it actually looks badass and the suicide doors just look f*cking tight.

lightningonbags

Established Member
I'D WIN said:

Thats what I did...no handles, no emblems, no ant, and those stupid rain gutters are gone.:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread