Share a random funny cobra story...

lizardbreath

Banned
Well this topic was started because today I met another toolbag who yet had no idea what he was talking about at the ford dealer. Here is how it went....

I wake up in the morning and decide that I am going to check to see how much new cobra seat covers would cost on my car (I was bored and wanted to also check out some of their cars. (been about 4,000 miles) So I make my way to the nearest ford dealer which is Ford of Orange and I park in the service bay right next to the parts department. I walk inside and talk to the parts guy for a while and he asks me the year and model of my car. I tell him mine is a 2001 Cobra convertible and he is like "Don't BS me kid I have been working here for years and we have NEVER had a 2001 Cobra...:cuss: :rollseyes " I asked if he was kidding and he gave me this really rude look like he was pissed off or something. I told him "Well if it's not real than I seriously got ripped off and there are several 2001 cobra owners who are going to be really upset.....Can I talk to your manager?" So I talk to the manager and he very politely informs the guy that we did make cobras for my year and that he shouldn't question the customers knowledge of his own car.

What a douche.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Here's my funny story...

Several years ago I was out with a bunch of people and they were all standing around looking at the engine bay of my car. The one retard in the group pipes up, points to my strut tower brace and says, "I need one of those to keep the pushrods in my car like he's got there." The kid was dead f'n serious...

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
not much of a story, but ive had countless people ask if my Cobra came from the factory with a SC (like the termies) I tell them no and they are shocked, and then I proceed to tell them I dont even have a SC on the car

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
everyone at car shows who don't konw shit think the motor in the car is a 427 because of how big it is. i had one guy ask me if my car would crack 14 sec in the 1/4 mile. i honestly couldn't tell if he was serious or being a dick.

s_x_i

Established Member
One guy came to where I work with a Ford GT.

All the guys in the parking lot were swooning over it as he proceeded to tell them it was hand built in Germany and had Twin Turbos and made 750 hp to the Tires.

He wasn't trying to be a dick, he was just telling us what the salesman had told him, he had just inherited the money and was actually in town for the funeral.

He did go kinda quiet when I asked him to point to the Turbos, then showed him the SVT stamp on the engine and ask where abouts in Germany the Romeo Niche Line was...

He paid $167,000 for it too! :lol:

SSSNAKE03

WhippleCharged
Established Member
I went to a local Ford dealer last fall, because I knew they had 2 Terminators on the lot..... a torch red 03 and a silver 03

well the red one was sold....so I checked out the silver one....

the lady comes out, introduces herself, and then says 'yeah this is an 03....its um...a.....an svt.....yeah its an svt!' (after she read the back emblems)

so im like 'oh yeah?!'

she walks over to the window....looks in and says 'yeah its a 5 speed'

so I take it for a test drive...and I say 'so...what does SVT stand for!?' just ****ing with her haha

and she says 'you know, I honestly dont know! we can ask someone when we get back to the dealership'

...then I asked her what it took to become a salesman..... and she said they train you fully and train you to know everything at Ford.

when we get back to the dealer she says.... 'so yeah, its an SVT.....5 speed CAMARO.....I mean Mustang'

...yeah she called it a Camaro

LOL so I just left

SHONOFF98

Established Member
SSSNAKE03 said:
I went to a local Ford dealer last fall, because I knew they had 2 Terminators on the lot..... a torch red 03 and a silver 03

well the red one was sold....so I checked out the silver one....

the lady comes out, introduces herself, and then says 'yeah this is an 03....its um...a.....an svt.....yeah its an svt!' (after she read the back emblems)

so im like 'oh yeah?!'

she walks over to the window....looks in and says 'yeah its a 5 speed'

so I take it for a test drive...and I say 'so...what does SVT stand for!?' just ****ing with her haha

and she says 'you know, I honestly dont know! we can ask someone when we get back to the dealership'

...then I asked her what it took to become a salesman..... and she said they train you fully and train you to know everything at Ford.

when we get back to the dealer she says.... 'so yeah, its an SVT.....5 speed CAMARO.....I mean Mustang'

...yeah she called it a Camaro

LOL so I just left

HAHAHA you should have jammed it in reverse and said isn't that supposed to be 5th gear???? Then asked why it said 1-6 on the shift knob hahahaha

Dusten

Established Member
There is a toolbag in town that has a black gt with a cobra badge in the grill. When me and a friend questioned him about it, he stated that "Its basically the same thing"

MetikalSVT

Not A Rookie
Established Member
A few years ago a few buddies and I went to the local Ford dealership before our movie started (same parking lot hah) there was a brand new 04 Torch Red vert in the showroom we were all admiring it and chillin when Joe Salesman comes up in his like 40year old leather jacket and starts quoting the specs. He then tells my friend that it is way to much power for him blah blah blah, (hes raced for years btw) then he goes on to tell us that if you put 3 "tornados" in the intake and 4 in the exhaust you will make 500hp:rolleyes:

I phuking despise dealerships, especially salesman. :bored:

CentennialVert

Angry Pirate
Established Member
When I sold cars, I knew a lot of salesmen that would just make shit up to people to keep things interesting. They made enough money to let the people walk if they got called out. One dealership I worked for would put 30% tint on the front windows of every car and charge $500 for it...well a customer asked why it's so much and one salesman told him that it was a specially designed tint to keep the UV rays from messing up the navigation system. The guy payed sticker for the car. I think it was a Chrysler 300C, but I can't remember.

I did have a guy claim his Titan was faster than my Mach 1 because "it got a whole nother liter to it". I just smiled and said "I bet it is".

Last edited:

Got Boost?

Established Member
i was with my dad one time and we were gassing up his terminator. well infront of us was a guy with a yellow 98 cobra that proceeds to tell dad the following, heres how the convo went:

guy - your not putting premium in that are you?
dad - yeah...
guy - how come?
dad - have to
guy - you shouldnt do that, it will burn up your catylitic converters.
dad - dont have any
guy - well all new cars got em....?
dad - yeah i know...

gets in the car and drives off, dude was sitting there looking stupefied. some people should keep their mouth shut. i hate when people advise people try to tell people what to do with their own cars.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
I had a Ford tech tell me when I was 13 or 14 that the Lightning and Cobra have the same engine. I also had a salesman tell me that the stock 02L on their lot was turboed.

As for a funny story, I was one time looking at a true blue cobra vert and almost walked into a parking meter.

J.T.

Established Member
I was waiting for my tires to be mounted so I went across the street to a small dealership that had a Lightning for sale. While I was looking at it some kid pulled up in a Cougar and started looking at it too, out of no where he starts talking about the Lightning and spouts off a bunch false BS trying to be cool. Just when I think he can't be a bigger idiot he tells me he collects SVT's and proceeds to tell me that he has a SVT Cougar. When I told him I had never heard of it or knew they made one he tells me that it is a limited edition and they only made a few. His car was a beat up yellow cougar with a cracked and falling off front bumper that may have been a special package or something from the factory. I just walked away, I wasn't in the mood to tell him how big of a tool he was.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Not really a funny story but just an common misconception that I keep running into. People always ask me if my hood is an after market. I have had people call it a Cobra R hood and be dead set on believing that it wasn't stock. I have even had some people think my front bumper isn't stock. Also, I have had a lot people think I don't have a Cobra because I didn't have the Cobra emblem up front.

O, I just remembered a good story. One night I was driving around town doing some errands and as I am driving down the street I see this 06 Mustang GT go screaming by me in the right lane. Well the light ahead turns red and I meet him there. He asks me if I want to run and I politely say no. The guy was extremely friendly and he asks me to rev it up. So I do and he asks what kind exhaust I have and what all I have done to my car. I tell him and he tells me he has a few bolt ons on his including exhaust. He then says to me, "yea I just like to run my car up against others to see what it can do. Since we have the same engine I thought it would be fun. . . . ." I didn't have the heart to tell the guy how wrong he was because he was so friendly and just told him simply that mine was somewhat different than his.

Last edited:

03gtcoupe

Banned
lizardbreath said:
Well this topic was started because today I met another toolbag who yet had no idea what he was talking about at the ford dealer. Here is how it went....

I wake up in the morning and decide that I am going to check to see how much new cobra seat covers would cost on my car (I was bored and wanted to also check out some of their cars. (been about 4,000 miles) So I make my way to the nearest ford dealer which is Ford of Orange and I park in the service bay right next to the parts department. I walk inside and talk to the parts guy for a while and he asks me the year and model of my car. I tell him mine is a 2001 Cobra convertible and he is like "Don't BS me kid I have been working here for years and we have NEVER had a 2001 Cobra...:cuss: :rollseyes " I asked if he was kidding and he gave me this really rude look like he was pissed off or something. I told him "Well if it's not real than I seriously got ripped off and there are several 2001 cobra owners who are going to be really upset.....Can I talk to your manager?" So I talk to the manager and he very politely informs the guy that we did make cobras for my year and that he shouldn't question the customers knowledge of his own car.

What a douche.

WOW man really! THat's a crazy story! I can't believe a salesman wouldn't know about a car that is 6 years old.:loser:

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
That is sad you heard that from a dealership employee.

I usually get the "Is it a real Cobra" question. One guy argued with me and said there were 2 types of Cobras, a 'Mustang Cobra' and an 'SVT Cobra'. :rollseyes:

Users who are viewing this thread