shaker?

air_commando88

Established Member
i have a 04 gt that i've had for a few years now and have managed to keep in pretty good shape. the previous owner used it has a daily family driver and also did a lot of across the u.s driving, needless to say the front bumper and hood got its share of rock chips and and a volley of unattended dead bugs which started eating the paint! i'm finally repainting those parts but found a reproduction shaker hood on latemodel and the cdc shaker hoodscoop. i really like the look of these but the price of both is about 1200 without evening getting painted! its either that or replacing the stock rims with black bullits. but since its getting repainted i just don't know. i'm also tired of the stock hoodscoop leaking after i wash it, is it worth it?

MustangSteveGT

Buck
Established Member
i have a 04 gt that i've had for a few years now and have managed to keep in pretty good shape. the previous owner used it has a daily family driver and also did a lot of across the u.s driving, needless to say the front bumper and hood got its share of rock chips and and a volley of unattended dead bugs which started eating the paint! i'm finally repainting those parts but found a reproduction shaker hood on latemodel and the cdc shaker hoodscoop. i really like the look of these but the price of both is about 1200 without evening getting painted! its either that or replacing the stock rims with black bullits. but since its getting repainted i just don't know. i'm also tired of the stock hoodscoop leaking after i wash it, is it worth it?

I guess that would really be your opinion but getting a new set of rims and tires would be a lot less than shaker + mach 1 hood + paint work.
The only way I can see it being cheap is if you found the shaker/mach 1 style hood already painted the color of your car and the rest of the shaker setup used, which is probably unlikely.

If it was my car, I would just upgrade the rims. Then later on get an aftermarket hood + paint because of the hood scoop drip thing you said.

mach1owner

Established Member
Yea i agree^. if you cant find a hood in the colour of your car don't bother for now.

rims are always a great upgrade.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread