Shaker sub woofer..2011 GT 500

hotford

Established Member
looking to get and install a factory Shaker sub woofer my 2011 GT 500, I currently have Nav and wondering if i get the factory sub and amp unit if it would just be a plug and play...anyone on here do this upgrade.?

any help would be great.....

STACKZ89

Established Member
I'm interested in getting the subwoofer myself... I think it's plug and play but I'm not 100% on this hopefully someone did this and can chime in!

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
I've got the Shaker 1000. I like the sound but the sub cuts out after 15+ mins of loud playing. I usually crank it up loud when I'm washing the car, and the sub will cut in and out. I'd never drive with it this loud. So before you consider this, consider buying an aftermarket amp. It's cutting out due to circuit protection. A lot of people upgrade the Shaker sub and amp with aftermarket for this reason. Just letting you know, it's "not" that great of a set up.

STACKZ89

Established Member
I've got the Shaker 1000. I like the sound but the sub cuts out after 15+ mins of loud playing. I usually crank it up loud when I'm washing the car, and the sub will cut in and out. I'd never drive with it this loud. So before you consider this, consider buying an aftermarket amp. It's cutting out due to circuit protection. A lot of people upgrade the Shaker sub and amp with aftermarket for this reason. Just letting you know, it's "not" that great of a set up.
Thanks for the info!

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
It is NOT plug and play. Some non-1000 cars have the wiring harness in place (you can find it in the trunk behind panels), but the sub part of the harness is not connected to the head unit. The only way to get it to work is to go to a stereo install place and have them tie it into your system. They can tap the rear speakers signal. Also have them install a separate gain knob to have base-volume control. I had a sub and seriously considered this option after quite a bit of research but then decided against it.

hotford

Established Member
Ya I see LMR sells a Kicker that is a direct install and is smaller and better than the factory unit.

Users who are viewing this thread