Shaker Pro Sub upgrade

03DSGMach1

10's or Bust!
Established Member
I found a JL audio stealthbox local for sale but just wanted to know what it would take to install in place of the factory sub that comes with the Shaker Pro. Has anyone had any experience with this? The shaker pro is a bit of a disappointment. I feel the door mounted woofers overpower everything else.

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
I found a JL audio stealthbox local for sale but just wanted to know what it would take to install in place of the factory sub that comes with the Shaker Pro. Has anyone had any experience with this? The shaker pro is a bit of a disappointment. I feel the door mounted woofers overpower everything else.
The only music I even remotely care about hearing is my 3.6 KB Supercharger whine eating up dodges and gm's.......just saying

44shelby

Established Member
Im in the same boat as you. I found a write up on this and i plan to do something similar.

fearthesnake

Established Member
I upgraded the speakers in the door and rear deck to Kicker JS 6x9s I think. I'd have to look at the speaker boxes when I get home.

Really brought out the mid range and high notes which really helped. Love the setup now.

03DSGMach1

10's or Bust!
Established Member
Im in the same boat as you. I found a write up on this and i plan to do something similar.

Oh thats perfect, I was wondering if anybody modded the sub box to accept an aftermarket subwoofer.

I upgraded the speakers in the door and rear deck to Kicker JS 6x9s I think. I'd have to look at the speaker boxes when I get home.

Really brought out the mid range and high notes which really helped. Love the setup now.

Was it a direct swap or did you have to run new wires? I appreciate you looking at the speaker boxes

fearthesnake

Established Member
Oh thats perfect, I was wondering if anybody modded the sub box to accept an aftermarket subwoofer.

Was it a direct swap or did you have to run new wires? I appreciate you looking at the speaker boxes
Ok, its Kicker KS 6x8s 150W - in all 4 speakers.

No wiring upgrades needed. Had to modify the door speaker mount just a little for the bigger speaker. Geek Squad at Best Buy installed no problems at all, quick and easy.

Think I had about 500 to 600 bucks in all including installation.

fearthesnake

Established Member
Thanks for the info, I'll be going your route. The stereo is disappointment in the car and I'm really looking to improve the mids and hights
Good luck. If at the very least it doesn't give you the exact outcome you want, you will have upgraded those speakers to bigger/better quality before dumping alot more money into the setup.

I didnt really research other 6x8 Speaker types as there may be better quality speakers with better sound quality but Kicker seems to be pretty good imo.

44shelby

Established Member

If im not mistaken the factory speakers in the car are 2ohm speakers so i would suggest replacing them with other 2ohm stable speakers unless you are replacing everything.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
In my 2015 GT I installed JL Audio C2's comps up front and C2 Coax in the rear. Mounted the JL400 4 channel amp in the spare tire well. Threw in a Sundown Audio 500rms 12" sub in a box in the trunk. Used a Audio Control LC7i as my interface mounted under the driver's seat. Ran a JL Audio 1000 to the 12" sub which was mounted to rear of the enclosure. All in all it sound great but wish I had opted for the C3's as I did in my Truck.

Users who are viewing this thread