Shaker 1000 Issue

13BlackGT500

Established Member
I just bought a 2014 GT500 with the Shaker 1000, and the speaker in the trunk is not working. The whole sound system works fine, except for the trunk speaker which is making no sound at all. I checked the fuse (#20), and it is working fine. I also checked if the speaker and the amp in the trunk were properly connected, and it all looked good. What should I check next?

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
Check the connection to your deck (radio unit)? Is it the factory headset?

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
The luggage compartment subwoofer is powered by its exclusive amplifier.

To enable the luggage compartment subwoofer amplifier, the ACM sends voltage through the enable/clip circuit. The circuit acts as both an output (to enable the amplifier) and an input (to detect an overload condition). The voltage sent by the ACM passes through a variable resistor in the amplifier, then to ground. As the amplifier reaches maximum output, the resistance in the variable resistor decreases. This decreases the voltage drop, resulting in the ACM detecting a higher voltage on the enable/clip circuit. When the voltage reaches the clip threshold, the ACM clips the audio output signal to the amplifier (heard as distortion) in order to prevent damage to the amplifier and subwoofer speaker.

The enable/clip status is based on the following voltages, as detected by the ACM :

• Less than 0.4 volt: amplifier disabled
  • Between 3.8 and 6.7 volts (nominal): amplifier enabled
  • Greater than 8.5 volts: amplifier clipped
An open in the enable/clip circuit causes the speakers powered by that particular amplifier to produce no sound because the enable signal does not reach the audio amplifier. A short to ground or short to voltage can cause severe distortion to be heard in the speakers.

• DTC B1A05:02 (Speaker #5: General Signal Failure) — set by the ACM (without navigation) when a fault is detected with the enable or speaker circuits between the ACM and subwoofer amplifier. This DTC can be continuous or on-demand.

Lightning Fast⚡Electrical Automotive Repair LLC
PM Me or [email protected]
Remote or Local (On Site) Technical Repair

13BlackGT500

Established Member
The luggage compartment subwoofer is powered by its exclusive amplifier.

To enable the luggage compartment subwoofer amplifier, the ACM sends voltage through the enable/clip circuit. The circuit acts as both an output (to enable the amplifier) and an input (to detect an overload condition). The voltage sent by the ACM passes through a variable resistor in the amplifier, then to ground. As the amplifier reaches maximum output, the resistance in the variable resistor decreases. This decreases the voltage drop, resulting in the ACM detecting a higher voltage on the enable/clip circuit. When the voltage reaches the clip threshold, the ACM clips the audio output signal to the amplifier (heard as distortion) in order to prevent damage to the amplifier and subwoofer speaker.

The enable/clip status is based on the following voltages, as detected by the ACM :

• Less than 0.4 volt: amplifier disabled
  • Between 3.8 and 6.7 volts (nominal): amplifier enabled
  • Greater than 8.5 volts: amplifier clipped
An open in the enable/clip circuit causes the speakers powered by that particular amplifier to produce no sound because the enable signal does not reach the audio amplifier. A short to ground or short to voltage can cause severe distortion to be heard in the speakers.

• DTC B1A05:02 (Speaker #5: General Signal Failure) — set by the ACM (without navigation) when a fault is detected with the enable or speaker circuits between the ACM and subwoofer amplifier. This DTC can be continuous or on-demand.

Lightning FastElectrical Automotive Repair LLC

Okay, awesome. That’s a lot of information, how can I diagnose what’s causing the issue?

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
First I would check for this DTC B1A05:02 and for any other DTC "B" related codes. That be a start.

Check this first:

Check connector (C4109A )Comes off the sub amplifier. Make sure is snug. Follow it to were its grounded to the body in the trunk. Its Ground # G401 Take it off clean the connector and surface, reinstall and make sure its tight and has good contact.

Last edited:

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Okay, awesome. That’s a lot of information, how can I diagnose what’s causing the issue?

Hey I hope this is just a bad grounding issue off the amplifier but it could be related to several issues.

• Luggage compartment subwoofer enclosure failure
  • Fuse (VERIFY the Battery Junction Box (BJB) fuse 20 (30A) is OK)
  • Wiring, terminals or connectors (Short to ground/power or open circuit)
  • Luggage compartment subwoofer amplifier failure
  • Damaged ACM (Audio Front Control Module)

Unfortunately I am completely swamped with work in two full time jobs 7 days a week right now. I dont have alot of time right now but I'll check back on the thread and see if you had any luck fixing this issue and help when I can. There area alot of incredible smart gents on the forum who might chime in to help you out as well. Good Luck buddy!!

13BlackGT500

Established Member
IMG_7678.jpg

So I checked the pins from the harness going to the amplifier (shown in picture). From ground to pin 3 and 4 I saw 6.94V on each. I then tried pin 1 and I saw about 5.86 V.

Coming out of the amp there is a cable with 8 pin, but only four are used. Between pins 4 and 3, I saw about 430 mV (when setting the voltmeter to AC). And I saw about 40 mV between pins 4 and 2, and 4 and 1.

I also measured the resistance on the cable for the sub. I did not get any results, except when measuring the resistance between pins 1 and 2. Where I got about 2.2 ohms.

Not sure if these numbers are normal, and I have no idea what to try next.
IMG_7678.jpg
IMG_7678.jpg

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
I sent you a PM (Let me see if I can help you resolve this issue)

Lightning Fast⚡Electrical Automotive Repair LLC

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread