Shakedown pass with the Paxton

FiveSlow

Established Member
Car was heatsoaked, drove there and went right to the lanes. Bogged the launch bad, shifted at 6900-7000, then blew a charge pipe off in 4th gear. Car still went 11.3 @ 125. Glass roof fully loaded. M6. Very safe tune, lots left on the table.

Now I want a gate and 3.33 pulley + retune on 96 oct. What are you guys gapped at? .032?

FiveSlow

Established Member
It has the Tbolts on it just didn't have that one on tight enough or the coupler wasn't centered. Car hasn't been on the dyno but it's a steady 11.3 a/f wot and locked at 15* max timing I believe. So I'm pretty sure in the world of tuning it could be leaned out to 11.0 and maybe more timing. Don't know much about that stuff lol but I'd rather keep it a little safer. It's tuned on 93 but I run a mix to 96 for added safety I'd say. I'd say it's about 590hp or so with my mods at peak. Could be less could be more.

I got 3 runs in, all hot lapped. I showed up late and they gave me a pass to come back for free! Great group of people. I basically wanted to see how well my 555r's would hold up on a heavy launch, my clutch, and a few other things. I just ran out of time to really get any pratice in.

FiveSlow

Established Member
Congrats man. We need to get together soon.

You bet! This weekend is automation I think that's what they call it up in the dells. It's like a smaller version of tx2k14 but a little north. I think I want to check that out lol.

FiveSlow

Established Member
That's what I've been told and they do spin a little the street but I've never heated them up to try except at the track. That 3rd run I dropped them to 24psi and gave it a good 4500rpm launch. Dead hooked and bogged lol. I didn't have time to let it cool and try a higher rpm launch. On my 2nd run I didn't really heat them up and they had 30psi in them. 4500 rpms blew them off and I spun all of 1st. That was a 12.1 @ 125 pass lol

Last edited:

FiveSlow

Established Member
Is anyone running a waste gate with this or the radiator support that deletes the sway bar?

FiveSlow

Established Member
Let me know how it is! Thinking of buying a balancer for the harmonics and the gate. That way I'm still at about 10 psi but I'll throw a 9.5lb spring in it. I think I found the waste gate for $250 plus the balancer cost is around the same price I think.. That way my harmonics are reduced, I don't have to swap the blower pulley, and I think I'll be able to keep the stock belt as well. I think this route would be better than a pulley down gate. Same results for the same price but you can tell people it's at 8psi max and keep your blower warranty. Also keeping the engine harmonics at safer levels. I haven't fully researched this yet though.

Users who are viewing this thread