Shake down pass with Boost. Novi 2200sl + 5.0

FiveSlow

Established Member
Car has some bolt ons, 100% stock motor. Stock headers ect.. 3.31 gear + 28.5" rear tire. Lots left on table, tune is set to 15* max timing crazy rich, tuned on 93 but running straight 100. Went sideways in 1st, they are my full weight street setup. Stock suspension. Stock mt-82 doing work!;-) Premium car fully loaded + glass roof.

http://youtu.be/kSgBhtHVAp8

FiveSlow

Established Member
It only went 11.1 @ 130.8 mph. Better launch, getting it retuned on 100 with something a little more aggressive will dip me into the tens on my street wheels. Fronts are 275's rears are 305s so it's a heavy setup. Big and littles with the retune I'm hoping for 10.50's @ 135 mph. That's the goal. DA on that pass was 1700 I'm at 750' above sea level so in better air it's going to go faster.

Also I short shifted 2nd a little on that pass from the wheel spin which put me out of boost a little when I hit 2nd. I was only spinning it to around 7000 rpm. It has a lot left lol

Last edited:

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
It only went 11.1 @ 130.8 mph. Better launch, getting it retuned on 100 with something a little more aggressive will dip me into the tens on my street wheels. Fronts are 275's rears are 305s so it's a heavy setup. Big and littles with the retune I'm hoping for 10.50's @ 135 mph. That's the goal. DA on that pass was 1700 I'm at 750' above sea level so in better air it's going to go faster.

Also I short shifted 2nd a little on that pass from the wheel spin which put me out of boost a little when I hit 2nd. I was only spinning it to around 7000 rpm. It has a lot left lol
Thats awesome for a basic shake down and a pretty much stock coyote with a blower bolted on. Very impressive. Was this on a drag radial? or a slick?

stroked mach

Established Member
yes good for a shake down but I don't think its a good time for a car with a blower, but as known it will run mid tens pretty easy with a good tire setup , all that money spent and risk it all with street tires lol

FiveSlow

Established Member
Thanks guys! Yeah it's a nitto 555r drag radial, that's my street setup. It's a heavy glass roof car, my car is the heaviest version besides a vert.. If you know these engines, I'm capped at 15* timing tuned pig rich on 93. That's about as safe and slow you can tune one of these lol. An aggressive race tune for 100 is coming this week. I was also not spinning it that hard.

Yes it has a gate set to 10psi and 3.33". I'm about $6000 invested into the blower setup. I'm happy with the trap speed, should go 135 no problem with a few minor tweaks!

Thanks guys!

jleews6

Established Member
Like most Coyote's it runs good. If you go 135 you will go allot better then 10.50s. Seat time and figuring what the car likes will get you way down there. Impressive street car for sure.

FiveSlow

Established Member
Like most Coyote's it runs good. If you go 135 you will go allot better then 10.50s. Seat time and figuring what the car likes will get you way down there. Impressive street car for sure.

I was happy with how it ran, it should get better with more seat time. I went from 11.9 down to 11.1 with just being more aggressive with each launch. That one was about 5k but it spun really hard once the boost hit. I think I could have heated the tires more aswell. Next time out 10's or bust!

FiveSlow

Established Member
The clutch is stock. The exhaust has deleted cats and the flowmaster outlaw catback, stock headers. It's extremely loud lol. I'll get some pics up soon enough. Been very busy so I haven't had much time for fun.

I want to go back, not this weekend but maybe the weekend after that?! It depends on the event and most importantly the weather. I need some more test and tune because I don't drive it like that on the street. It's just way to loud to practice.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread