Shaftmasters Aluminum Driveshaft Review

D.T.R

Established Member
Nice. I'm glad to hear this review. I have mine, bnib, sitting in the room waiting for my 14' to come in. Can't wait to put it on and see how much of a difference it makes.

Also, i have to agree they were very nice on the phone when i talked to them.

poof100

Established Member
Good review, but I'm curious to know why their Driveshaft says it won't fit/work on a Boss 302, only the GT. I'm guessing because it won't clear the Boss Side pipes maybe? Anyone know? :shrug:

manny231988

Established Member
Good review, but I'm curious to know why their Driveshaft says it won't fit/work on a Boss 302, only the GT. I'm guessing because it won't clear the Boss Side pipes maybe? Anyone know? :shrug:

It will probably fit its probably just because the boss revs to 8000rpm that they say it don't that's just what I think

steveofiveo

Established Member
Any additional NVH ?

Is your pinion angle stock or have you adjusted it via an upper mount ? I'm on the fence purchasing a driveshaft simply because of the questionable addl' NVH unless you get a adjustable upper mount to eliminate the harmonics. I currently have relocation brackets and BMR lowers with a stock upper. No addl' noise. But as I mentioned if I get a driveshaft will I start getting some NVH like some of the others on this site ?

Thx

S

Check out my review of the Shaftmasters 3.5” aluminum driveshaft at:
Shaftmasters Aluminum Driveshaft Review for my 2011 Mustang GT California Special

Yagermeister

Established Member
steveofiveo,

I currently run GT front springs with V6 rear springs (therefore no ride height difference) along with GT500 LCAs and BMR relo brackets and a Roush non-adjustable UCA and mount. Pinion angle was not changed or adjusted. I have no odd harmonics or NVH whatsoever. Everything is much smoother than with the clunky two piece. I am finally rid of the clunking the autos have when coming to a stop!

burke985

Established Member
Mine is a great piece as well....i've been up to 150 several times and no vibes its a great addition to my car.

D.T.R

Established Member
^ They're about $600 shipped.
They come with all the needed hardware... even with the 10mm 12pt socket you need for the bolts and a tool to clean up the stock threads.

Code Vision

Established Member
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I've got 3.31 gears still. No charger or turbo, would you still feel the difference, not having shorter gears?

D.T.R

Established Member
Yes you will feel the difference regardless. It'll ramp up the RPMs faster regardless of what gear you have.

poof100

Established Member
It will probably fit its probably just because the boss revs to 8000rpm that they say it don't that's just what I think

Interesting on this theory, but to me that signals something with the driveshaft. I think I'll probably stick with either the DSS one.

D.T.R

Established Member
Interesting on this theory, but to me that signals something with the driveshaft. I think I'll probably stick with either the DSS one.

Ever tried calling them to see what they say, as to why it wouldn't work with a boss 302?

poof100

Established Member
Ever tried calling them to see what they say, as to why it wouldn't work with a boss 302?

Nope, just saw this brand, as I've never heard of them prior to this post and quickly saw on the link the note about the Boss. Instead of posting, Next time I'll remember how to use my phone :rollseyes

Users who are viewing this thread