*SHAFTED* By Pauls High Perfromance

NeedForSpeed

Established Member
Yes, once again, a company has screwed me over.

I ordered a set of fuel rails from php on 3\15\04. I found them on the "internet" and listed on thier site for $400 and something dollars.

To my surprise when the box arived thier was an invoice stating that $780.00 dollars was charged to my card. I quickly called up, they said someone assumed I wanted the "line kit" yeah almost 300 bucks for a couple fittings and a foot long piece of steel braid?

Anyway, I return shipped the pieces I didn't want, or order for that fact, and was told I'd recieve a credit on my card.

Now* I'm being told that I ordered those pieces, and "Ronda" knows so because "she" has it writen on paper that I ordered from a magazine??? Thier taking a 20% restocking fee....

Which fricken magazine do they advertise in? I have a subsrciption to MM&FF, and I'd truely like to see an advertisment that lists the fuel rail kit for $780.00... which is what their claiming I saw an ordered???

This is on parts they sent and billed me that I did not order. Then I had to return these parts at my expense, and on top of that call 3 times for a credit back to my card which didn't happen for almost 2 months now and took 3 calls to get?

I tried to talk, but "Ronda" could care less anything I had to say.
She kept an attitude that I was wrong, thier guy who took my order is a great salesmen and I'm the bad guy.

Well, as a result of this, niether myself, any of my close friends, all my mustang buddies, the guys over at P&G automotive, local car club, will never due bussiness with PHP again.

So Paul over at PHP, I hope your happy that your excellent sales and customer service team screwed a customer out of 20%. I'm sure it was worth losing much more overall bussiness.

I'll make sure when I'm out at event an etc..... to not mention where I got my fuel rails. And I'm going to look for an alternative so when people do ask and need a set, I can recommend another company to buy from instead of yours.

And I'm also trying to get the phone number for the BBB and consumer affairs in mich.

Maybe this will teach you to treat your customers a little more freindly.

numbaonestunna

Established Member
forget all that..

If they really gave you a hard time, call ur credit card company and tell them that you had an unauthorized charge. Dispute the 20% and explain the circumstance. If it' sa good credit card (like Amex) the customer is always right. =)

try03venom

Established Member
call your credit card company and dispute the charge they will in most cases bill PHP plus the interest.HTH

Voice of Reason

Established Member
Do what numbaonestunna said. Call PHP and tell them if they don't immediately refund the 20% you'll be disputing the entire charge. CC companies usually side with the customer and PHP will have to fight to get the charge reinstated. if he's smart he will just give you back the 20% (like he should) and save himself a world of trouble.

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
let it all out!!!!! did you ever talk to anyone higher than rhonda? and i am not sure but aren't they fairly local to you? and one more thing, you have to approve the amount charged and if they went over that you can call the credit card company and report fraud. just a few thoughts.

piss&vinegar

Seek and Destroy
Established Member
Hell yeah. When we get screwed we need to post it here and everywhere so those bastards learn their lesson. Did you call the credut card company for help? It seems that some people who own businesses are just out for the money and not service and don't realize that if you do good customer service that the amount of money you get is 10fold. By the way, Nino at NinoSport is very slow at returning calls and does not seem to have it together. I got my parts and everything but everytime I talked to the guy it seemed he was not there and when a "situation" came up with my order I had to tell him what to do since he was not sure how to handle it but other than that so so. Maybe we should start a thread that remains active at the top of the Terminator forum that list business experiences with vendors.

cydewaze

the bat!!!
Established Member
Call your credit card company and dispute the charge. They'll usually take it off of your bill until the dispute is resolved.

Wilson & Co

SnakeJockeyExtraordinaire
Established Member
Sorry you had trouble... I ordered my fuel stuff from him and they helped me out with all my questions and everything.

Not cheap, but quality stuff and cust support was good so far.

My rails were 500.00 tho ?? not sure what you saw for 400.00.

And about the rail kit...ever price out those AN fittings? The custom AN-stock line adaptor is 60.00 alone.

Plus you are paying them to make the line (install an fittings on the lines) This takes some time. Albeit, that's a large hike in $$ for someone else to connect fittings, but not everyone can do it. I opted to do it myself, but hey they can charge what they want for their time.

Not defending them, just trying to shed some light.

EDIT:
Oh yeah, the restock fee sucks and I agree you shouldn't pay it on parts you didn't order, but restock fees in general are very common in this bus.

Last edited:

NeedForSpeed

Established Member
Thanks for all the replies guys,

I am pissed at the way some of these places chose to do bussiness.

I'll have to put a plan of action together and then do something.
At the moment I'm trying to get some other phone numbers to place a bad report with the BBB in mich.

and no I'm not close to them, I'm over in NJ

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
I agree 100% with posting this, I now will never order from them, and I have been on their site many times. I personally would post this on every board I could find. I hate getting screwed over, despite the amount.

Bobrammer

Established Member
I haven't dealt with Paul's before, but their prices seem really high. They certainly just bill you for something you didn't order.
That's crap. I agree with the idea to establish a thread that keeps track of the vendors. If a guy treats you right, others should hear about it. If he's a cheat, we all want to know. Good luck in making their life miserable at PHP!:bash:

trey193

Established Member
Have you ever looked at Pauls prices vs other company's, Paul is normally 200 dollars higher on just about everything, seriously!:nonono:

NJCOBRA10thA

Really thats my last mod.
Established Member
Originally posted by NeedForSpeed
Yes, once again, a company has screwed me over.

I ordered a set of fuel rails from php on 3\15\04. I found them on the "internet" and listed on thier site for $400 and something dollars.

To my surprise when the box arived thier was an invoice stating that $780.00 dollars was charged to my card. I quickly called up, they said someone assumed I wanted the "line kit" yeah almost 300 bucks for a couple fittings and a foot long piece of steel braid?

Anyway, I return shipped the pieces I didn't want, or order for that fact, and was told I'd recieve a credit on my card.

Now* I'm being told that I ordered those pieces, and "Ronda" knows so because "she" has it writen on paper that I ordered from a magazine??? Thier taking a 20% restocking fee....

Which fricken magazine do they advertise in? I have a subsrciption to MM&FF, and I'd truely like to see an advertisment that lists the fuel rail kit for $780.00... which is what their claiming I saw an ordered???

This is on parts they sent and billed me that I did not order. Then I had to return these parts at my expense, and on top of that call 3 times for a credit back to my card which didn't happen for almost 2 months now and took 3 calls to get?

I tried to talk, but "Ronda" could care less anything I had to say.
She kept an attitude that I was wrong, thier guy who took my order is a great salesmen and I'm the bad guy.

Well, as a result of this, niether myself, any of my close friends, all my mustang buddies, the guys over at P&G automotive, local car club, will never due bussiness with PHP again.

So Paul over at PHP, I hope your happy that your excellent sales and customer service team screwed a customer out of 20%. I'm sure it was worth losing much more overall bussiness.

I'll make sure when I'm out at event an etc..... to not mention where I got my fuel rails. And I'm going to look for an alternative so when people do ask and need a set, I can recommend another company to buy from instead of yours.

And I'm also trying to get the phone number for the BBB and consumer affairs in mich.

Maybe this will teach you to treat your customers a little more freindly.

Put in a dispute with the credit card company they may resolve it in your favor it should be quick and easy to dispute unauthrorized charges.

Fresh Cobra

505 RWHP Blvd Pimp
Established Member
I'm sorry to hear about your trubs and I wish you the best of luck!!! This is why I ALWAYS try and stay local with my purchases. I'll drive the extra hour to go and check out a shop and if I like what I see, then they may have a customer 4life. I bounce around from shop to shop looking for the best price and then I get what I need.

~ Fresh :coolman:

NeedForSpeed

Established Member
I have to ship the fuel rails back also, to dispute the intire charge.
Since thier unused, I'm gonna ship them back.

screw php,

So where else can I get a fuel rail for my 03 besides PHP....

keep in mind I'm going to a standalone computer and return fuel system, so I won't need the FRPS mounting points etc.....

Hermes

Established Member
I have dealt with Paul's High Performance a number of times going to their shop each time for the work. I can attest that they are a nice bunch of people and they do first class, albeit expensive, work. It is unfortunate that you had a misunderstanding with them but my experience with them is the opposite of yours. In any event, as some free legal advice (which some might say is worth what you paid for it) you should use caution in publicly disparaging their business and/or attempting to hurt their business by posting on all the boards unless you have objective proof that they acted improperly. For whatever reason they obviously have a different view of events. If they made a mistake or are confused you should demonstrate that to them with your objective proof. They are a reputable business and I find it hard to believe the would not take responsibility for their own error. If it is merely your recollection against their different one then your attitude in discussing it with them is all important. None of us can know what your conversation with them was like but if it started abusively, or quickly deteriorated into a shouting match, then their refusal to accomodate you is less difficult to understand. I hope you get a satisfactory conclusion but you should not dispute (through the credit card company) that portion of the charges which represents merchandise that you you did order and keep.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by trey193
Have you ever looked at Pauls prices vs other company's, Paul is normally 200 dollars higher on just about everything, seriously!:nonono:

do u mean for the $30 torque link thats $280?? what a joke...

NeedForSpeed

Established Member
Well, there was no shouting match, I feel that Ronda tried to belittle me by telling me how great the guy was that took my order, and then impling that I was the one in the wrong. She made no attemp what so ever, to listen to what I had to say. She firmly kept ground that I was in the wrong.

When this matter was first being taken care of, I spoke to a guy over there, and he apologized for the mix up. Told me the other guy just assumed I was going to use it with stock fuel lines and added the whole kit.

He completely understood thge mix up, told me to return the extra stuff, which I did.

Up to that point everything was great.

Then I never got the credit, so I called the 2nd time. I was told it was getting done soon, etc.. etc....

Now the 3rd time.......

But now they are telling me that I ordered the whole kit, which I didn't. Putting words in my mouth that never came out of my mouth, stating that I ordered the whole kit out of a magazine, and they know that because someone wrote in on paper?

Yeah ok.

I'm going to return the rails, I already spoke with my card company, they advised me not to keep anything, which is fine.

I don't want a high priced part from a place that does bussiness this way on my car.

I've order products from at least 15-20 other vendors, so I don't think my phone comunication skills are what started this problem.

As far as legal advise, I'm only stating whats going on. And yes they are looking bad because they have treated a customer in a bad way.

I have a lawyer, and all the time in the world. By no means in anyway, am I afriad to post my dealings with any company.

If they screw me, others should know about it. And I'm only telling the story about my dealings with them.

I have my reciepts, statements, return shipping info, and they've already acknowledged they recieved the pieces I've sent back.
I'll keep the fuel rail retuen shipment info as well.

I have all my proof on paper, they get there stuff back, and then I'll get my money back. And I'll go to another vendor who will treat me with a little respect, and not spit in my face after they take my money.

UgotSnakeNV03

Established Member
I think what u did is right. If they charged u for something u did not even order in the first place....that is total bull$hit for them to try and say it was YOUR fault. What happened to "the customer is always right?" Going through your CC company was the best way to go....dealing with the BBB is like talking to an empty room. Good for u and I hope everything works out in your favor.

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
All a business has to do is eat crow, and say we are sorry for the inconvienience, for the mistake, or the mix up. This is especially true when you have agreed to return the items at your own expense. So often companies get overwhelmed that they make mistakes, that I cannot understand why any business would deny the possibility of mistakes.
I have seen PHP do a great number of good services for this crowd over the past year, and being a potential customer for their product I hate to see when things like this happen.

I agree that you need to take them to the mat on this, because it is good honest customers that make a business. The fact still remains that they are there to provide you a service, reguardless if they like or agree with you or not. I honestly see this as an issue where php is getting overwhelmed with business, and they are either getting sloppy, or are frustrated by operating costs.

I really hope that you settle this, and that they appologize to you for the inconvience, and mess up. I hate to see a vendor get into trouble with their target customers especially over a 200 part.

I am 100% behind you posting this nature of info here. I also can't think of a better way to convey issues of this nature than through websites like this. After all if there were a more valuble topic than this, I really can't think of one. By nature no one is getting bashed or even hurt, it is merely a way of letting other enthusiasts be aware of problems an issues that could affect them.

Thanks, and good luck. I hope that this all works its' self out. We don't want to have any ill blood between the vendors who support us, or the memebers on this site. I feel that by letting others know you are keeping business honest, and giving valuble feedback to the businesses at question.

Users who are viewing this thread