SGM 2014 GT500 Arrived

Colleton

Established Member
Today was the day, it arrived at the dealership at ~ 1:45 this afternoon. I drove it home about 5:30 this evening.

I took a whole bunch of pics this afternoon before and during the PDI. It was filthy from the train ride though, so I doubt I'll be posting those. These are the only two I had time/patience to take after it was cleaned up before driving it off the lot.

SGM w/black stripes. SVTPP + EP + GR

http://chattypics.com/files/14_GT500_1_s2vojf7y7m.png
http://chattypics.com/files/14_GT500_2_xdduzik3g6.png

I had them leave the front splitter in the box. It'll just get torn up on my driveway, no point in installing it.

The glass roof option is amazingly nice. I love it.

Despite having driven GT500s for the past 4 years and having previously owned a '13, I haven't driven one in nearly 7 months now and it drives a little differently than the little Focus SE I've been driving does, to say the least. It's pretty intimidating and I'm treating the car with respect.

I'd forgotten how stiff the '13/'14 clutch is, and there isn't much room for feathering - it's either on or off. I'll get used to it again.

I've only driven it about 10 miles so far, but the power and torque are amazing. Feels like more than I remember the '13 having even though I know it isn't.

I watched the PDI and I rode with the tech during the PDI test drive. The tech did a good job and got on it a couple of times with my full approval. The car had 5.3 miles on it and was in transport mode when we started the test drive (SC locked, no boost), so the tech went back to the shop and took it out of transport mode by disconnecting the battery for a couple of minutes to reset the ECU. When we drove away the 2nd time the car was awake and ready to rock.

It's good to be back it a GT500. I'm keeping the Focus right now as a DD for at least the coming winter. Don't feel like dealing with those tires in the cold.

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Wait a minute...how many of these things have you been through since '07!?

Congratulations on your 2014. Enjoy every moment you have with it before the 2015's come out. :)

jay38372

Established Member
Welcome to the baddest and fastest color group SGM. I've got the exact same model minus the sub in the trunk. Close to putting mine away for the winter too.

reason4treason

Established Member
congrats! damn good lookin' car. yep, the glass roof adds an awesome touch to an already wild ride. nice to have a DD and then on the days when the weather is nice, enjoy the GT500. seems to add to the appreciation when it's been a little while since you had some.

BCPD199

Established Member
The glass roof option is amazingly nice. I love it.

With out a doubt, one of the nicest options available on this car. It's one of the reasons I traded my '13 'vert in.

Congratulations on your 2014. Enjoy every moment you have with it before the 2015's come out. :)

That's what my dealer said when I traded my '13 in! :D

Congrats on your new car. I'm sure I don't have to tell you that it's the fastest color!

NvrEnfHP

Established Member
Congrats. See you on base. Now we have the same color combo plus your old 2011 same color combo on base.

Colleton

Established Member
haha, yeah. SGM is the best!!

I see yours parked on base every now and then and the guy I sold my '11 to drives his at least 3 times a week. Don't know how often I'll be driving this one, probably not that often during the winter.

Last edited:

Colleton

Established Member
Spent the afternoon bonding with the car - cleaned, washed and detailed the it. It was streaked and dirty (IMO) when I picked it up, but now it's clean, shiny and beautiful.

Damn, I love this car.

evil eye

Established Member
Looks damn good. That was one of my desired color combo's, but I've owned dark colored cars all my life and wanted something bright this time around. My evil twin is mad at me as a result. Enjoy!

raustin0017

Established Member
Congrats.....everyone knows you have the best color combo!
BTW...the front splitter sort of completes the look. Unless you have a very steep incline...I would install. I just enter my driveway at an angle and have not scraped it. I even back it in at an angle and no touchy....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread