SFPHQ/JDM Superchip Installed; WOW!!!!!!!

COBRyan

Puts Out For Mod Money
Well, since I never get a day off except for holidays, I decided to use my time wisely and install my superchip. The install was very painless except for the queasyness of watching my warranty go down the drain. I have a lightning pulley, magnaflow x pipe and catback, densecharger, njk plugs, and watter wetter as my mods. The lightning pulley install was the best mod until I did the chip. The chip added a large amount of torque down low and the car runs much more smoother now. The chip was a fantastic seat of the pants mod and I recommend it to anyone with or without a pulley. I can sleep better now as well knowing my air/fuel ratios are safe. Props to SFPHQ and JDM for providing me with an awesome product!!!:thumbsup:

Mike Foster

I know SFPHQ sells the pulleys and the super chips so what part did JDM play? Can you depend on mail order chips to get air fuel ratio right or have most people been checking it locally?

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
Originally posted by COBRyan
Well, since I never get a day off except for holidays, I decided to use my time wisely and install my superchip. The install was very painless except for the queasyness of watching my warranty go down the drain. I have a lightning pulley, magnaflow x pipe and catback, densecharger, njk plugs, and watter wetter as my mods. The lightning pulley install was the best mod until I did the chip. The chip added a large amount of torque down low and the car runs much more smoother now. The chip was a fantastic seat of the pants mod and I recommend it to anyone with or without a pulley. I can sleep better now as well knowing my air/fuel ratios are safe. Props to SFPHQ and JDM for providing me with an awesome product!!!:thumbsup:

:rolling: :rolling:
I have the same chip from the same places .... AWESOME

TPOC

Established Member
Originally posted by COBRyan

Would you mind posting your dyno sheet? I would like to compare A/F.

Thanks mucho!

:thumbsup:

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
> Can you depend on mail order chips to get air fuel ratio right

Sometimes, yes. Sometimes, no.

Mac03Cobra

Texas Lightning Rod
Established Member
COBRyan,

You have almost the exact same setup as some of the folks out here in the Dallas area, myself included.

I'm still waiting on my chip to arrive, but everything else is installed.

I gave up on the wimp'in out of changing the chip. U only live once and if I don't do dumb, it's worth the risks of running the chip. My one concern is something goes south that is completely unrelated to the mods and I get denied warranty.

In regards to the "mail order chip", I do agree. It would obviously be better to have a dyno tune, and I probably will in the future, but if the A/F is on and the program doesn't get too aggressive with the timing, the chip will be safe. It looks like the big gains with the add on chips is getting the A/F more even across the power band and taking better control of the timing, especially for the cars running 93.

I'm going to dyno mine as soon as I get the chip. If there's a problem, I'll have Terry take a look and he will make any changes needed. Terry has been very helpful with making some of these choices.

Good luck with your modifications!

Mac03Cobra...

stan03

Established Member
learn from experience

I've bought,burned,traded,mail ordered and dyno tuned in the process.
NOTHING CAME CLOSE TO THE CHRIS JOHNSON TUNED CHIP...I'LL POST GRAPHS LATER TODAY.
:burnout:

stan03

Established Member
NOT TO MENTION

Not to mention the tow bill or just the sight of my yellow sweety being put on a wrecker for no start,ruining my golf game that day,and I now am mailing back the two "mail order chips".
I HATE PARTS THAT MAKE MY CAR NOT START !!!!!!:burn:

Mac03Cobra

Texas Lightning Rod
Established Member
STAN03. What caused the NO START? I agree 100% with the Chris Johnson tune part, and I will most likely do the same in the future, but for now this is my best option.

Can you post the charts, if you have them, for all your pulls?

STOCK?
Mail order chips?
Chris Johnson?

Thanks...

Users who are viewing this thread