SFC's welded in.

FastFwd

Dave hates me
Established Member
Had the Hans Racecraft SFC's welded in at Chicken's Customs in Worcester yesterday. They did great job and the car feels much tighter now. Definitely a worthwhile mod. :beer:

John

blecoupe89

Sprayin for 10's
Established Member
Welded in subframes definately strengthed up my car! :beer: I love that pic in your sig!

FastFwd

Dave hates me
Established Member
blecoupe89 said:
Welded in subframes definately strengthed up my car! :beer: I love that pic in your sig!

You got that right, much needed in the convertible. I'm impressed with the Hans design much better than the single connector I had in my old 99 vert.

John

stangbuff

Established Member
John,

I had Precision Motorsports in Milford, MA install HANS on mine this past Monday. They made a night and day difference on my car as well (also a Vert). Enjoy!

stangbuff

Established Member
Tom had estimated the same amount of time for my HANS (over the phone) but ended up only charging me for six. I went there on the recommendation of a fellow NE-SVT member; I'm glad I did. I really didn’t know what to expect when I got there (it's an out of the way shop) but I felt very comfortable after meeting him and getting a tour of the shop. I’ll probably have him do my suspension work; they know their stuff. I’d suggest you give them a second look if you plan on doing any other mods…

rmgtc01

Established Member
What were some prices?? I bought mine 3 months ago and still have not installed them yet. Steeda wants $230 for 2.5 hours of labor. I know it is very important to have them done correctly (i.e. measured, welded on flat lift, etc.) so the car sits right, but is that much money worth the job?? :shrug:

BTW- nice picture in the sig. My Brother is best friends with Johnny, and I helped him move all that stuff into his house. Even washed/waxed his porsche and his g/f's sebring..but anyways...............

stangbuff

Established Member
Flat rate of $65/hour...way less than the $92/hr Steeda wants to charge you. They measured from multiple points before and after the welding...it was done right.

rmgtc01

Established Member
Was this a performance shop, welder, or jsut a muffler shop?? I just want to make sure it's not a you get what you pay for sort of deal, but Steeda has done alot and warranties there work. I may have to shop around more. Don't they add like 30 lbs to your car too??

stangbuff

Established Member
The install was performed by a race shop, not a muffler installer. They prepped everyting before hand and painted/undercoated all the welds post install. The HANS units did add weight to the car but I'm not racing it. My main concern was improving the car/ride, the HANS have done that. Good luck with your install; you'll be amazed at the improvement they make.

PS - I forgot to bring my camera long so no pix. I'll see if I can shoot them with the car up on ramps but I doubt I'll be able to get them in frame.

Users who are viewing this thread