SF Bay Area people...

Stangfreek

Premium Unleaded Member
Established Member
Anybody have any suggestions for a good dyno/tuning shop in the San Francisco area? Specifically North Bay? I'm up in Petaluma, so San Jose might be a little far, but East Bay or up here Sonoma/Marin area would be perfect. Anyone have good experience with any places, specifically in regards to Terminators obviously?

I know there's a place in Rohnert Park, but I can't seem to find any feedback on them...any help would be appreciated.

Jason

L4WORK&PLAY

Established Member
I would give Billy at Modular Speedworx a call. He can set you up and he is great with customer service. He might be a little far in Lodi but he is worth it. I know of people coming from vegas to get work done at his shop :rockon: It is about 1 1/2 hours from my house in San Lorenzo.

Here is a link to there my space. (they are working on making a new webpage)

http://www.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=122480334

- Also Jason

Also as you can see in my sig I was tuned by WMS but this was before I knew about MSX (WMS is good also)

Last edited:

Bullitt4110

Established Member
I dont think MSX does any tuning, I think they get tuned by Amazon (i could be wrong though).I have a mail order tune from Rick @ Amazon and am very happy with it. There are not very many good tuning shops in Nor Cal.

CHINI

Do Work
Established Member
Bullitt4110 said:
I dont think MSX does any tuning, I think they get tuned by Amazon (i could be wrong though).I have a mail order tune from Rick @ Amazon and am very happy with it. There are not very many good tuning shops in Nor Cal.
AED??? What are you talking about?

NorCal04Cobra

Established Member
I also have been looking for a shop in the Bay Area. Live by Rohnert Park and spoke to the shop you spoke of and they want $900-$1200 for the tune and "other stuff you will want to buy". I have not been able to get reveiws on them either but a local shop (non high performance) did say they were good. I was also told there is someone at the sonoma raceway that is good and someone else said to call Larson's Racing in Petaluma and see who they say. Hope this helps.

L4WORK&PLAY

Established Member
I talked to Billy the other day and he told me he has access to a Dyno (While his main shop is being put together w/ a dyno) and is a certified SCT tuner.

Last edited:

Bullitt4110

Established Member
L4WORK&PLAY said:
I talked to Billy the other day and he told me he has access to a Dyno (While his main shop is being put together w/ a dyno) and is a certified SCT tuner.
Oh, I knew they were getting a dyno but did not know billy did any tuning.

03Silver

Established Member
Ive had all my cars tuned at Nextgen Autosports in Hayward, they constantly have mustangs in there and do a great job. Give them a call, (510) 538-8088, and ask for Daniel or Matt.

Quik Z06

Established Member
MSX will have a Dynojet installed in the next couple weeks and Billy will be a certified SCT Tuner. So if anyone needs any tuning for future reference MSX can tune as well. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread