Severe sciatic nerve pain.

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
Medrol, followed by fluoroscopy guided steroid injection and PT here. Worked for me as I had a severely bulging L4 & collapsed L5. I'm back to about 95% after 18 months (I've purposely taken it slowly due to the L5 issues) and am happy to say I'm squatting and deadlifting like all the real SVTP members once again...all 800+ lbs ;-)

Seriously though, the combo of those 3 kept me out of surgery even though she said my L5 is terrible. Core exercises and PT were the key once I got the injection that made doing things bearable once again. Hope your recovery goes as well as mine went.

Sorry to hear this buddy. A guy I knew years back, suffered chronic sciatic nerve problems from hitting that nerve with a 'juice' needle. Though the chiropractic treatments helped relieve some of the pain...poor dude has never been the same. It seems there isn't an exact medical science to addressing damage for that nerve. Being in chronic pain is quite a life changer. I hope you find a successful treatment pal.

hotrodjcc

Established Member
I had an 80% compression fracture of my L4 when I was 18. I'm 36 now and suffer from Sciatica. The Orthopedic doctors prescribed me Naproxen and I learned it is basically larger dosages of Aleve. I know now as soon as it flairs up to pop a few aleve and usually within an hour or 2 I'm G2G. I was told the next step if it gets worse would be a nerve root block but I have been better for the most part. Best of luck

Last edited:

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
I had an 80% compression fracture of my L4 when I was 18. I'm 36 now and suffer from Sciatica. The Orthopedic doctors prescribed me Naproxen and I learned it is basically larger dosages of Aleve. I know now as soon as it flairs up to pop a few aleve and usually within an hour or 2 I'm G2G. I was told the next step if it gets worse would be a nerve root block but I have been better for the most part. Best of luck

You should have had that fixed at the time. And alive is the exact same thing as naproxen. Just like Advil is ibuprofen, acetaminophen is Tylenol, and meloxicam is Mobic. All are great anti-inflammatories. But yes, anything with over 50% collapse in a young adult needs to get fixed.

hotrodjcc

Established Member
I had a bone graph set in place as well as hardware set in from the L3-L5. I did have significant work done but being as it happened to me back in 1999 my doctors tell me my back looks on film as the back of a 60 year old man. Funny thing is my back doesn't really bother me, I guess over time you get used to certain pains. It is the nerve pains and siatica that bother me the most.

Users who are viewing this thread