SES lights on GRRR?????

99RedSVT

Established Member
Ok last saturday night i had my truck dynoed cause it was basically free at are club shop and i figured it wouldnt lay down anymore then it did before.Befores numbers where 365/471 this times numbers 381/434 still not tuned right and running rich as all hell. Well next day SES light is on so i scan it with the predator and it reads its running lean but on the dyno my a/f never came above 10 lol. I thought maybe the computer is just buckin up with the tune i have on it right now. So i was out driving it when the truck pretty much lost power and i opulled over shut her off and then started her back up and been running fine but the light is still on any suggestions on how to fix this. Im thinkin maybe fuel filter,fuel pump or maybe a spark plug gone back due to it running rich as hell..

SERprise SVT

Sleepers are fun
Established Member
Check the tubes running into the bottom side of the intake pipe between the MAF and throttle body.

Those tubes can slip out or come loose, creating an unmetered air leak that trips the Lean Bank 1 and Lean Bank 2 CELs.

Good luck.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
see you focked him up too
what is it now all the sudden this is happening to everybody
i notice you guys hav 99's and 00's too
is it just us???
p.s. i am doing plugs and my filter and going to clean out my intake boot as we speak
well i am on break right now:-D

99RedSVT

Established Member
Ya im about to go change out the fuel filter and plugs and check those tubes ur talkin about.. OH freakin great my stupid arse roomate parked behind me and didnt leave me his keys FOCK he wont be back till tomorrow GRRRRRRRRR.... Anyone want to buy a 99 red lightning lol..

99RedSVT

Established Member
Well took teh tune off it and let it run in the garage for a little while and gave her some gas and hasnt thrown the too lean code yet on me but then again i havent driven it around yet under a load so ill find out as soon as i can find a way to move my roomates car lol..

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Originally posted by SERprise SVT
It wasn't me.

I swear! :beer:
yeah it was!!!:p
i cleared my computer yesterday and the light came back today
not to happy
p.s. the boot was clean and tight
does anyone else have the dime mod done????
i did this a few weeks ago and then the light came on
if this isnt it the obdII scanner gives possable problems like the maf and the o2 sensors
not reallly that cheap

99RedSVT

Established Member
OK took the tune of it yesterday and took it out for a spin and it was runnin good slower then normal but runnin better so i thuoght maybe my tne that i had on it was messin with the puter well just as soon as i said that boom starts messin up again.So i went to discount and bought a new fuel filter and soem new plugs hopefully that will help.This sucks im on vacation this week and i didnt want to work on my truck while on vacation GRrr..

Users who are viewing this thread