SES light Question

02RedLightning

Established Member
Hey everybody!
I have been doing alot of searching about the SES light coming on after higher flow catted x-pipes are installed. I am interested in the Basanni kit. Some people have had them on there Cobra for thousands of miles with no light and others after about 100 or so miles there light comes on. Is the SES light coming on just going to be a luck of the draw type of thing? You are either lucky it won't come on or you are unlucky and it pops on? Also if it comes on and then you disconnect the battery to clear the code can the dealership still see that the code was thrown somehow???

Thanks for any more help on this subject.....I trust your guys' info!!

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

03blacksnake

Time Traveler
Established Member
Is it possible that those that have the trouble with the SES light got something on the O2 Sensor(s) when the exhaust system was changed.

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
If you dont want to see the dreaded SES light...make sure the batt cables are D/C'd before the exhaust swap commences. When the new system is installed...re-connect the batt cables and you should be SES free:thumbsup:...Worked for me.

Jon

Relax, have a homebrew!
Established Member
No light for about 5000 miles. Now the light comes on every 200-300 miles. It's a pain in the ass. I'll get a mil eliminator kit soon.

02RedLightning

Established Member
Thanks for all the info guys!!!
Looks like I will see if I can get buy without putting MIL eliminators on and if I will buy a set.

:-D

davidmax

Established Member
What does SES stand for.Sounds like check engine light on Vette.When we throw alot of 02 codes specially frt. ones we drill bung holes in the headers and instal 02 simms.Dave S.

Trader

Established Member
Originally posted by davidmax
What does SES stand for.Sounds like check engine light on Vette.When we throw alot of 02 codes specially frt. ones we drill bung holes in the headers and instal 02 simms.Dave S.
why would you drill a hole in the header for an 02 simulator?????

The O2 sim is just a little plastic box that attaches to the O2 sensor wiring harness???

Users who are viewing this thread