ses code with predator performance tune, system too rich, WTF

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
got these codes today while driving 0172 and 0175 (i think) both are system too rich for bank 1 & 2. i just cleared them and they didn't come back yet, but in between gears when i first engage the clutch i feel like it's hesitating. my a/f gauge even looks like it is staying on the rich side more than normal. i datalogged with the predator (don't really know what to do with the log though) but every thing seems fine, although i have what sounds to be a slight miss if i hold the throttle at around 2k. the dealer just put new plugs in for me less than 1k miles.
any suggestions
thanks
brandon

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
I believe the "Performance Tune" is optimized for CAI and exhaust.

If so, it seems likely that the predator has added fuel to account for increased airflow that comes with a CAI. You list no CAI, so you're running rich. Get a 9" or bigger filter on there and you should be fine...

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
very good point that had crossed my mind, i do have the stock airbox cut right at the base of the metal strap that holds it. but i have yet to fork out the money for a k&n and the stock paper filter is very dirty.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
If that is the case, and you're rich enough to cause a miss, you risk fouling your plugs and catalytic converters...go to the local auto parts store and spend that $50 on a K&N :beer:

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Are the predator tunes that picky? Its too rich if you only have exhaust, but too lean if you have certain CAI's?

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
don't know but my factory paper is pretty damn dirty so it is possible, just got back from ordering a holley power shot siter(just like the k&n except they are blue, so it will match the car.

RedfireVenom

11 Second Vert Club
Established Member
Spend the 150 on a CAI. It's worth it. Your car with the stock filter isn't getting enough air, which in turn causes a rich condition. CAI should be the first mod performed on this car IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread