Service manual question

Mystical'96

Established Member
I recently purchased the service manual on DVD for the 2001-2003 F150 off of ebay. This is the DVD with the red label. When I put the DVD into my computer, it spins for a minute and then does nothing. If I go to My Computer, it shows no files on the DVD.

I do have a DVD player on my computer and I also adjusted my computer calender to the date on the DVD. What am I missing?:shrug:

txyaloo

Established Member
I've only downloaded that DVD. There is an installer you will need to run which then opens a web type interface (for the factory dvd). I'd try it on a different computer just to make sure your computer doesn't have a problem reading burned dvds. Also, look at the dvd in the light and make sure it actually has data on it. You should see rings where it was burned.

JollyGiant

Established Member
I have the factory DVD dated May 2003 and my computer displays the files on the DVD. It sounds like either your computer cannot read the DVD or you got a defective DVD.

If you can't see any files on another computer, the DVD is probably not a good copy.

txyaloo

Established Member
Some dvd drives have problems with burned dvds. That's why I have an image of the dvd. I can use the VirtualCD tool and mount it as a virtual dvd drive on any computer. Plus if I somehow trash the original dvd, I have a backup.

samjluck

Established Member
I purchased that manual as well and it was nothing more than a plactic blank with screened title on one side. I emailed for a refund without a response, started a claim with paypal and finally had to raise it to a full claim and waiting on a refund at this point. not one email back from seller, not one place in the ad disclosing that it was coming from malaysia otherwise i woudl not have bought from them. total sham yet ebay is still allowing him to sell them. ebay can bite me.

samjluck

Established Member
the dvd is empty :lol:

if it wasn't then why no instructions? why no email response as to what the deal was? I have cut tons of "back up copies" of things and this disk was not a dvd blank or a writable dvd with anything on it.

or are you refering to you got what you bought for trying the ebay disk? yeah i know.

Lightningfr

Banned
if it wasn't then why no instructions? why no email response as to what the deal was? I have cut tons of "back up copies" of things and this disk was not a dvd blank or a writable dvd with anything on it.

or are you refering to you got what you bought for trying the ebay disk? yeah i know.

the dvd he bought has no data on it...he is out 15$

Mystical'96

Established Member
I purchased that manual as well and it was nothing more than a plactic blank with screened title on one side. I emailed for a refund without a response, started a claim with paypal and finally had to raise it to a full claim and waiting on a refund at this point. not one email back from seller, not one place in the ad disclosing that it was coming from malaysia otherwise i woudl not have bought from them. total sham yet ebay is still allowing him to sell them. ebay can bite me.

I think we bought the same thing! Seller is "dealsfromtheeast". I sent a message to them last night. Guess I should start the paypal thing.. good thing it was only $15- Hopefully others can learn from our mistake..

Anyone know a source for a good version?

"olsson"

Established Member
I think we bought the same thing! Seller is "dealsfromtheeast". I sent a message to them last night. Guess I should start the paypal thing.. good thing it was only $15- Hopefully others can learn from our mistake..

I know LFP sells them.

samjluck

Established Member

same guy here.

BDAZSVT

Established Member
I've only downloaded that DVD. There is an installer you will need to run which then opens a web type interface (for the factory dvd). I'd try it on a different computer just to make sure your computer doesn't have a problem reading burned dvds. Also, look at the dvd in the light and make sure it actually has data on it. You should see rings where it was burned.

Where do you download it?

Users who are viewing this thread