Service Engine Soon

04sonicL

Established Member
Well the service engine soon light just came on in my truck yesturday. Everything seems to be running fine is there any reason to take it to ford? My dad thinks its most likely just something to do with emmisions. Have any of you guys had this pop up and if so what was the problem.

04sonicL

Established Member
well the hose that runs from the bottom of the intake tube to the top left of the eaton was loose. Im no expert but it just allows the oil to run through by the looks of it. Well anyways I snugged it back up and used a couple of zip ties to ensure it stays in place, disconnected the battery, start it back up and the service light is still on. Would this hose being loose cause the engine light to come on or was this just something else that happend to be wrong? I pluged up the sct 2 but it wouldent work for some reason. I just dont want to have to go to ford and get shafted over something simple.

04sonicL

Established Member
with my sct the key is supposed to be off correct? When I go into the data menu it tells me no capture files loaded and invalid capture setup. Thats why I cant get the codes.

Robert Francis

Established Member
You have to locate the "DTC codes displayed" option on your SCT2. Then it will read any codes stored and you can look them up and see what the indicated problem is.

jaymz

Established Member
Some codes take several (three?) cold start/warmup/drive cycles to reset. give it some drive time.

Jim

Users who are viewing this thread