"Service Engine" light

PBAShrek

Established Member
I just bought my 1999 Cobra from a dealer. The previous owner put aftermarket headers and tubes on it, without cats. So I have the service engine light on, and my mechanic said he's getting a bad O2 sensor reading. I bought MIL eliminators and installed them, but I still have the engine light. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

clbailey

Established Member
Im having the same problem... I just bought a Diablo Sport Predator to tune them out. If you need to pass inspection of some sort, just pull the neg terminal and it shouldnt come back on for a week or so. At least in my case that worked.

PBAShrek

Established Member
I don't have any inspections to pass, since I'm in AZ I can do without the cats, I'm just wondering how to make the light go away.

cobraetti

part of the zombie squad
Established Member
you will either have to get a catted x-pipe or get a tuner programmed to turn off the rear 02 sensors. Lethal sells a SCT.......

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
I've got the same problem. I just changed all my 02 sensors, and I still have the light. I don't have MIL eliminators because it was incorporated into the tune. Maybe I'll try the MIL eliminators and see what it does. PITA.

Resetting the computer works. But the check engine light only stays off for a few hours at most.

Homer

01yellercobra

Established Member
I'm from Havasu and I'll be coming out there this weekend. I can bring my Xcal and see what I can help with.

Users who are viewing this thread