Serious Serious Problem

badazzebz06

Established Member
well here it is.....i lost a washer in my cylinder closest to driver....all the way in the back....how do i know ause i lost it when i was taking off my kenne bell and i thought it may be in there but today i stuck a bendy magnet in my plug hole and ****ing bada bing that bitch was in there confirmed it with my flashlight on my phone anyway its a 14mm washer and guess what that bitch aint fitting out the plug hole so what the f**** do i do? i refuse to pay 500 dollars or more o have head removed is there any other way i can get this out....ive thought about taking intake cam off and removing intake valve but i don't know dick about cam timing my only other measure would be to pull washer up to plug hole and then reach under intake valve to intercept it with magnetic wire and try to pull it out of the intake valve it fell in!!!!!

FiveOhJoe

Established Member
I would try to get creative with magnets and hooks made from wire.

Maybe tape a strong, small magnet to a piece of string or wire and drop it down the valve and hope for the best?

BLU3VN0M

SVT Addict
Established Member
You could go rent a borescope, find the washer and how it is sitting, and then concoct a way to get it out.. might be able to attach a magnet to the borescope.

B0B

Established Member
damn that sucks bigtime... Don't turn your engine over. You're going to spend some serious time trying to get that thing out of there. I would do everything I could before tearing into the motor. Your best bet is going to be using a magnet through the spark plug hole to get ahold of the washer, then holding it in place while getting some sort of hook down the intake port. You should be able to position the hook somewhere in line of the spark plug hole so you can grab the washer off of the magnet while it is visible through the plug hole

badazzebz06

Established Member
I think I've figured out a way
I will insert a hooked piece of copper wire that has tensile strength position it basically anywhere
I will insert telescopic tool down plug hole and parallel to this I will shine led lighted borescope
I will then position washer suspended in cylinder and snag with copper hook and attempt to drag back through intake port
I seriously doubt this will go as planned basically there may not be enough room for borescope but I guess I can try beats having to change heads I just hope I do t score cylinder walls with magnet or copper wire

Blueline

Established Member
I agree. Try too get the magnet through the plug hole to suspend the washer. If the intake valve isn't open enough, have some slowly turn the motor over at the crank pulley SLOWLY! This way if the washer drops he can stop and not cause damage. Spin the motor just enough till the intake valve opens enough to grab it with something through the intake valve. I have faith you can get it bud! GL!!

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
If it went in, it will come out. Had the same thing happen with a SBF. Taped up other ports to keep anything else from going in. Made a valve spring compressor using a piece of steel with holes cut in it to compress the spring without turning the motor over. Pulled plug and shot compressed air into cylinder while someone else compressed the spring(opening the valve) until it blew it out. After getting everything together, it blew right out lol 45 mins of work for 15 seconds of use

orange_whiner

Pro-class stoplight racer
Established Member
I think you'll have a hard time with a magnet and ferrous metal's. Try the copper wire if you can get in the intake port even better. Flashlight and eye sight through spark plug hole. Get the wire to the washer. Connect wire to battery( disconnected from car. vaiola! electromagnet. Strong enough to pick it up and thin. Back it out. You're done.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
im not understanding how its too big to come out..... How/when did it find its way in there?

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
im not understanding how its too big to come out..... How/when did it find its way in there?

Yea scratching my head too. Maybe some type of safety wire contraption with long need nose or some long ass hemostats. GL!

badazzebz06

Established Member
U guys have some amazing ideas
Blue line thanks for the confidence bro
Troy it's big enough to go in the intake valve but too small to fit out spark plug hole it will absolutely fit out intake valve the problem is getting it there to pull it
These are awesome ideas I will keep u guys posted!! Seriously thank you for the concern guys!!

badazzebz06

Established Member
Yes sir signalzero u are spot on I was pulling kenne bell and saw it there pinched under the lower to block gasket but said screw it I'll get it later we'll that bit me In the ass

badazzebz06

Established Member
Ya blue line and signal zero both got great ideas which I will be employing if original plan fails
Good news I waited til I got off work and just checked my intake valve it's about .25 inches open of u are looking from passenger side to drivers side across the engine it's the closest intake port to driver right side intake port I should easily be able to get the washer out there just a matter of snagging it

Users who are viewing this thread