Serious, (I tried to search to no avail)

mr 347

Established Member
Im looking at adding a little power to my 12 gt500. How much can this motor safely handle? I was thinking cold air, pulleyed upper and lower, TB, and a mid mipipe with a lund tune. What kind of rwhp should I expect from that? Also in the future if I added a VMP 2.3, would that be overkill? Thank you for your patients.

12gt500

Established Member
With basic boltons you may see 550-575rwhp. I had a vamp tvs with about 685 rwhp for about 7,000 miles beating on it and it was solid. Then I built the bottom end and added the 3.6.

Speedboosted

Established Member
They will hold around 700 whp safely, IF there's a good tune on it and good fuel is being used. A lot of factors, but that is what I'd consider the safe max while still being able to go out and beat on it and have fun. You can go more, but if you're afraid to use it what fun is that?

Mainn

Established Member
Surprised you couldn't find anything with your search! There have been lots of threads recently on the same topic.

700-750rwhp, in most cases, is roughly where the limit's at.

With the mods you listed...if I had to guess, it'd dyno at maybe 580rwhp. It can vary. VMP TVS is definitely not overkill; just a whole bunch of fun. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread