SERIOUS buyer wants 96-98 Cobra

zoom1523

Established Member
The title is pretty much straight forward. Please let me know what you have. I have been searching for a couple weeks and there are A LOT of really nice cobras for sale that i would love to be driving right now. The problem is that the asking prices just arent realistic... at least not in my eyes. Im not one to low ball someone (unrealistic low price), but lately people get offended when i just ask if we could negotiate the price. So... I have $9,000 sitting in the bank thats reserved for this cobra purchase. If you are serious about selling your cobra please let me know what you have to offer. I want the cobra before christmas so if you have what im looking for you could potentially have 9k in your pocket within the next couple weeks.

WHAT IM NOT LOOKING FOR
- nothing in yellow
- No verts
- No salvage titles
- No cars that smell like they were smoked in
- Nothing with AC problems (i live in texas)

Location doesnt matter because my girlfriend and I intend to make a "wherever this brings us kind of random trip" and just drive the car back.

Last but not least... if you have a white cobra, black interior, built and supercharged motor i might be willing to pay a little more.

Thanks

Palmer

Established Member
I have a white with black interior 96. It's very clean and has some very nice mods. I'm asking $9k and we can work something out if you're interested. I'm just outside of Tulsa, Oklahoma. Check out my for sale ad "1996 Cobra with Griggs Suspension" if you're interested. Thanks.

zoom1523

Established Member
Not white, but is built and supercharged. Might be a little more than you want to pay, but worth a shot. Like the post says, currently no a/c, but have all new components to remedy that, in hand.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...eler-97-cobra-03-04-longblock-procharged.html

I understand that the car cost a lot of money to build but asking 16k for a 97 is just not realistic to me. 16k could get me an 03 or 04 cobra. Not knocking your car at all though, you car is one of the listings i saw this morning that i just wish i could justify spending that much money on your car. but like i said IF YOU ARE SERIOUS about selling the car and lowering the price to somewhere where i want to be then i could make this happen very fast.

zoom1523

Established Member
I have a white with black interior 96. It's very clean and has some very nice mods. I'm asking $9k and we can work something out if you're interested. I'm just outside of Tulsa, Oklahoma. Check out my for sale ad "1996 Cobra with Griggs Suspension" if you're interested. Thanks.

Nice looking car! This might work for me but i want to see what else is out there first.

riocobra97

SVT is Life
Established Member
I understand that the car cost a lot of money to build but asking 16k for a 97 is just not realistic to me. 16k could get me an 03 or 04 cobra. Not knocking your car at all though, you car is one of the listings i saw this morning that i just wish i could justify spending that much money on your car. but like i said IF YOU ARE SERIOUS about selling the car and lowering the price to somewhere where i want to be then i could make this happen very fast.

$16k will get you a mostly stock 03 or 04, yes. This car however will rape most KB or Whipple cobras in the 600 hp range. And to get an 03 or 04 in that state you are gonna spend over $20k. I feel the price is pretty fair for what you get, but it also is obo. I may come down a little, but i feel the car is worthy of the price.:shrug:

Bullseye96

underestimated SVT
Established Member
I don't know if I'm already talking to you about mine on LSS but my Cobra is on there. For Sale: 1996 Cobra 2.1 KB, Fully Built - Lone Star Stangs | The Texas Mustang Club

I'm asking $11,800 for a car I've spent over 20K in the last 2 years. Fully built with 11k miles on the new engine. About 3500 on the new built 31 spline rear, and 1500 on the built T45. I've only got a few hundred on the new polished 2.1L KB I just put on. Come out and see me at 2402 Pat Booker Rd. 78148. Also have a huge notebook full of receipts, documents, original window sticker, etc. Lethal Performance in SA did all the work and are incredibly familiar with it if you want to call them on it first. 210-656-5220. You can also call me 210-658-6296

myslow03

Established Member
I have a 96' blown mystic cobra with chrome CT-R deep dish rims.
Vortech non-intercooled running 6lbs of boost making 400rwhp.

30959qs.jpg

2mfhj6t.jpg

RSbeast

Established Member
Nothing DECENT in life is free. Sure there's always the guy who's car looks nice in pictures and is considerably cheaper than market...then people THINK that they shouldnt have to pay more than that value since 'its out there'

I sold my h/c/i s-trim 94 early in the year to go buy one of 'the tons of c5 corvettes out there in the 13-15k price range'

HA...haha...ahahahahahaa

F#ckimg JOKE!!! Pictures are NOT representative of cars, people like to pass off junk as perfect, no one takes care of thier shit, stuff gets driven in winter and it SHOWS.

Despite the internet, to get what I wanted I needed 20k.

Set out to look at the WS6 cars. People seem to feel they are worth corvette $...looked at a few for the 'correct price range'.....yeah RAGGED unbelievably.

I got a STEAL on my current 97 IMO for the condition and mods and I paid more than what most lowballing a$$holes think they should pay for a built blower car. The underside is not only fortified with stupid expensive goodies, but it looks showroom clean underneath. I can't go to a speed shop and bolt on 'good condition'

So spend 7k on someones headache that's well weathered, destroyed seats and wheel, blowby machine with a s/c and cleans up well enough for semi decent pictures on the internet....or spend MONTHS searching and looking at shit until you come to the realization that nice shit is expensive and go look at some more expensive and well cared for cars. You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

This isn't meant to be a straight knock, and yes you are willing to throw 9k at something. For a WELL DONE forged and blown 4v car 12-13 is the MINIMUM that the car should be selling for unless the guy is so hard up it's unbelievable. People that are willing to give their shit away are either morons, fallen on crazy rough times, or aren't telling the whole story. You can always get lucky somewhere....but its not likely

9k should get you a clean n/a car with decent miles (60-80k) some tasteful mods in great shape. I sold my 94 with 187k on it for $10k...I had like 19k into it; I lost my ass, got 'crazy' money for it and after looking at others; I seriously should have asked for more.

$.05

RSbeast

Established Member
That said, looking at rio97s car from bay and interior shots; yeah you're high on price.

You are asking SIXTEEN THOUSAND DOLLARS for a car; get out a vaccum cleaner! Fix your crooked ass $19 pepboys pedal covers and get some new mats. Those seats are slighly hit and that steering wheel is trashed. It's shit like this and my experience that is driving the OP crazy.

I should link my old FS thread on how to sell a car properly. Actually, here:

**SOLD**Supercharged Mustang GT/Cobra**SOLD** - LS1TECH

LOTS of pics, video, reciepts, etc.

THIS IS HOW YOU REPRESENT A CAR. :)

riocobra97

SVT is Life
Established Member
That said, looking at rio97s car from bay and interior shots; yeah you're high on price.

You are asking SIXTEEN THOUSAND DOLLARS for a car; get out a vaccum cleaner! Fix your crooked ass $19 pepboys pedal covers and get some new mats. Those seats are slighly hit and that steering wheel is trashed. It's shit like this and my experience that is driving the OP crazy.

I should link my old FS thread on how to sell a car properly. Actually, here:

**SOLD**Supercharged Mustang GT/Cobra**SOLD** - LS1TECH

LOTS of pics, video, reciepts, etc.

THIS IS HOW YOU REPRESENT A CAR. :)

No offense man but your an idiot. I'm not sure what pictures you were looking at but the pedals are not pep boys pedals, and they are not crooked. I'm not sure what you know about mustangs but the clutch pedal sits higher than the brake pedal moron, maybe that's what your refering to. The mats are practically new from American Muscle so if you don't like the cobras then frankly, who cares. And I'm not sure what you saw with the steering wheel but it is in very good condition for a 127,xxx mile vehicle. And the seats are the same way. There are no rips or tears of any kind in those seats. I think your just a moron who likes bash other peoples shit because you have nothing better to do. And yes my asking price is $16k OBO. And you get more for that than most any other car at the same price on this forum.

Last edited:

RSbeast

Established Member
They are generic (totally irrelevant of where they came from) and the clutch is most definately crooked. The mats are BROWN and dirty and there is a purse of some sort on one side. Wheel looks aged; the passenger seat looks like the leather has hardened and the driver is full of cracks. It's ONE picture and a poor one at that. People don't drive on the outside of the car, so if I'm lying then clearly you haven't taken enough pictures to prove me differently. Take it as you will.

zoom1523

Established Member
Im not sure if i came off as expecting a car for free. Im offering 9k and letting people come to me with what they have instead of me going into their thread and pissing all over it.

Last edited:

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
2 owner 96 mystic fo sale by my buddy.

His pics from his craigslist ad have expired, I believe ~56K on the clock, ALL original, CLEAN car, never smoked in, never wrecked.

Hes willing to take 8K cash.

PM me if you want his phone number.

Palmer

Established Member
Nice looking car! This might work for me but i want to see what else is out there first.

Thanks just let me know. Like I said I'm not too far away and we can definitely negotiate a price if you're interested in mine. I can make it worth the drive up here. Everything works on my car and I even daily drove it for 3 months during the summer. You will have no problems with it whatsoever.

zoom1523

Established Member
Thanks just let me know. Like I said I'm not too far away and we can definitely negotiate a price if you're interested in mine. I can make it worth the drive up here. Everything works on my car and I even daily drove it for 3 months during the summer. You will have no problems with it whatsoever.

PM sent

Users who are viewing this thread