Sequential brake lights?

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
I've got CDC's turn signal kit, it also includes brake lights.

f2hatch

Established Member
I bought one of those $60.00 kits off ebay works great.it also includes brake lights.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
Which one are you all going with? I'm leaning towards the "Plug-N-Play" harness.

STS-1MHR Pre-wired "Plug-N-Play" Harnesses, $149
STS-1MPW Pre-wired "OEM" Harnesses, $169

sassafras

Established Member
I opted for the splice in kit. I ran wires up under the dash for the turn signal wires so the taillights would not signal when I hit the brakes. Altogether a very easy install and great instructions from the webelectiric guy.

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
I forgot what brand i have, but i love them!!!!!

here's a vid
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEPjPjGddNY"]YouTube - 2004 cobra with sequential tail-lights[/ame]

01SaleenS281

01-459
Established Member
They are for the turn signals only to my knowledge and work 1-2-3 from the inside of the light to the outside.
It appeared ported04 had his hazards on.

COBRA_ESQ

Established Member
I opted for the splice in kit. I ran wires up under the dash for the turn signal wires so the taillights would not signal when I hit the brakes. Altogether a very easy install and great instructions from the webelectiric guy.

Do they all work the brake lights also?

Is this the only way to kep the brake lights as is?

Tractionless1

Established Member
Don't waste your $$ on a prewired harness kit, get a splice in. The directions are very straight forward from web eletric. I would also recommend doing the wire mod for all 3 brake lights on each side coming on simultaneously like normal brake indicators. Little voice in my head kept saying "grandma is going to sue u for not having 'conventional' brake light functions when she rear ends u." I am thinking it would confuse drivers behind you, especially if your lt. blinker is cycling then you press on the brake and the right cycles once. To me that split second makes quite a bit of difference decision wise.

WraithCobra

Don't want a GT500
Established Member
I don't remember the brand but I thought there was a kit out there that had a sensor wire that you crossed between both sides. When one side came on, as in a blinker, the controller has no voltage from the other side on the sense wire and sequenced the lights. When both lights come on when braking the sense wire has voltage and the controller lights all 3 segments at once.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
This thread actually started after I watched the H2H video of the Shelby SS and Challenger at Willow Springs.

In the drag race the SS had the exact sequential head light setup I wanted. Looked really clean and immediately caught my eye.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread