September RA lodging

Terry Moenich

Established Member
Where you all staying. I am at the Ostoff, walk from town,(Elkhart) a little pricey but worth it.

Look for a black enclosed trailer that looks like its made from boiler plate and a Green Crewcab powerstroke(non dually) that has "429 tow" Plates ( from my old ranchero)

JoeJ

Established Member
Hotel Reservations

I am staying at the Super 8 in Sheboygan. Phone No: 920-458-8080. It seems like good value.

Cobra-R

Established Member
Dean, Steve, and I are either staying at American Inn in Plymouth, or Osthoff in Elkhart lake. We need to discuss it, but I think it will be Americann in if we get our confirmation. Guess we are paying the price for not making reservations early. :)

Brian

Cobra-R

Established Member
What do you guys all think of setting something up for Thursday evening? It might be our most relaxed evening while we are there, and it gives us all a chance to break the ice. Is everyone planning on getting in early enough where we could all either go for dinner, or at least meet up for drinks like Kevin mentioned?

I believe there is a bar and restaurant at Osthoff, so that might be a possibility, or we could pick another place in Plymouth(about 5 miles away). If we wanted to make it more informal, we could have drinks out in the parking lot, that would be good if there are some guys that are need to be working on thier cars and want help. We could set up someones trailer as a bar. :)

What do you guys think?

brian

Dean95CobraR

Established Member
Last night Steve and I were discussing the particulars of our trip up there. I still don't know what time we're leaving Thursday morning. I would like to arrange it so we get up there about the same time so we can set up camp together at the track.

When do you guys plan on arriving at the track on Thursday?

Dean95CobraR

Established Member
Also, if we are planning on cooking at the track like last time, maybe we should bring some cooking utensils. LOL

Cooking with a big plastic fork just doesn't work for very long. haha

kevin

i'm up to any of the suggestions for thurs eve.

ostoff or parking lot would work best i think.

synthetic hamburger.......interesting thot dean.

Cobra-R

Established Member
Dean,
I am planning on leaving right away Thursday am, should arive around noon to 2:00pm.

Is everyone planning on going right to the track for tech? Probly be the best huh? Maybe we should exchange cell phone numbers so we can stay in touch in case someone has troubles. Another option is I could give you all my number, since I will not be on roam, it would keep some costs down.

I have a gas grill, and will bring the hamberger for all three days. So I will leave the utensiles and the rest for you guys to bring.

How about tenativly we all meet up at the track and get everything set up there. We could go back to Osthoffs lot and have a few drinks and wait for anyone else hasn't shown up yet. From there we can decide what to do next. I personally like the idea of keeping it very informal. That way it is easier for everyone to get to know everyone else. In a bar, you sit by one or two people and it gets really difficult to talk to people sitting down the row or across the table. Make sense?

Brian

kevin

brian, i think you've got it. i'm planning on setting up at the track and getting tech done thursday. leave the trailer and car at the track.

also, can you see what scmc club non-r owners are doing? it might be kinda nice to have scmc, scoa, and the r owners all in the same area.

i'll post on scoa for the above suggestion.

also, i plan on grabbing congrete paddock.

Dean95CobraR

Established Member
Sounds great guys. I'll shoot for a 12:00 arrival but that puts me in Chicago at a real bad time so who knows when I'll get there.

Also, I'll bring buns, condiments and utensils, so we won't have to worry about that. I'm also bringing a small canopy that may help some if we get the dredded r*** word.

It won't be long!!

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by Dean99CobraV
Sounds great guys. I'll shoot for a 12:00 arrival but that puts me in Chicago at a real bad time so who knows when I'll get there.

Also, I'll bring buns, condiments and utensils, so we won't have to worry about that. I'm also bringing a small canopy that may help some if we get the dredded r*** word.

It won't be long!!

Dean,
Make sure the canopy is big enough to cover my car. :D j/k

kevin

i'll be bringing a couple car covers.;) ;)

i have a 20'x20' cover that needs help putting up. i'll also bring my 10x10 eazy-up.

don't forget to bring your comfy chairs.

also, one of the guys i'm bringing (95r) with me has an awning on his rv. probably use him as an anchor for "tent city"

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by kevin
i'll be bringing a couple car covers.;) ;)

i have a 20'x20' cover that needs help putting up. i'll also bring my 10x10 eazy-up.

don't forget to bring your comfy chairs.

also, one of the guys i'm bringing (95r) with me has an awning on his rv. probably use him as an anchor for "tent city"

Man, I don't even have a embrella. :D

I do have a car cover, Kevin. Don't throw an extra one in for me.

Brian

JoeJ

Established Member
RA is getting close

Hey Guys,

Well, it will not be long until we can have a weekend of fun. I will be going to the track on Thursday evening for tech and to drop off my car and trailer. Getting together in the evening for a few drinks in a parking lot at a convenient location sure sounds great. Someone in the area just pick out a neat spot and let everyone know the directions. Of course, if everyone shows up at the track Thursday evening, we can plan something.

I can hardly wait until we can run at Road America. I was watching the hot lap that the Z06 did. Man he was fast.

Later,

Dean95CobraR

Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra-R

Dean,
Make sure the canopy is big enough to cover my car. :D j/k

LOL, sorry but it's not quite that big. I think you'll have to use Kevin's 20x20 for that. I'm sure he wouldn't mind. ;)

Cobra-R

Established Member
Re: RA is getting close

Originally posted by JoeJ
Hey Guys,

Well, it will not be long until we can have a weekend of fun. I will be going to the track on Thursday evening for tech and to drop off my car and trailer. Getting together in the evening for a few drinks in a parking lot at a convenient location sure sounds great. Someone in the area just pick out a neat spot and let everyone know the directions. Of course, if everyone shows up at the track Thursday evening, we can plan something.

I can hardly wait until we can run at Road America. I was watching the hot lap that the Z06 did. Man he was fast.

Later,

Joe,
Osthoffs is very convienient, it's only two or three miles from the track. We will give out cell numbers for anyone who will be ariving late.

Brian

kevin

sounds to me like enough of us will be at the track to figure out where after that. it'll take a little while to set things up in the paddock and get the cars teched anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread