September 19th Howard County Cruise

TGS2

Dr.Gonzo
Established Member
*Mods please sticky this.*

Just like last year, a cruise down the back roads of Howard County countryside and Historic Ellicott City ending at a nice spot in time for the kick off of the Raven's game (most likely Pub Dog in Columbia).

Notice I say cruise and not race. lol Last year we had the Ho Co woorly bird follow us for a bit.

The starting point will remain the same (between the Ruby Tuesday's and McDonalds at the River Hill Village Center across from the Auto Park). I may hit up Donut Church before hand as well if anyone wants to meet there and follow me to the jump off point.

I'm open to suggestions as to where we end up. I like Pub Dog because of the big parking lot and awesome little pizzas. Notinghams would be nice too, but they don't open until 5PM on Sundays.

Just like last year I'll plot the route before hand to make sure construction isn't a factor. I may need to get a hand from someone with a lowered car if I can't get my Mustang running to pre-cruise the route.

My feelings are that the more nice cars we have cruise with, the more fun it'll be, so feel free to share this invite with whoever may want to bring their "nice" car out for a cruise.

Look for more details to follow in the coming weeks.

attendees-
TGS2
02BOTTLEFEDGT (Now driving a GTI)

Last edited:

NickF1011

Established Member
I'll definitely be out for this one. I really liked the route that was listed last year (I didn't attend, but I know the roads well). If anything needs to change on the route, I'd be glad to make some suggested alterations. (I would consider changing the Folly Quarter portion to make it Triadelphia Rd all the way to Rt 144 instead -- you get a few more curves and some nice rolling hills.)

TGS2

Dr.Gonzo
Established Member
I'll definitely be out for this one. I really liked the route that was listed last year (I didn't attend, but I know the roads well). If anything needs to change on the route, I'd be glad to make some suggested alterations. (I would consider changing the Folly Quarter portion to make it Triadelphia Rd all the way to Rt 144 instead -- you get a few more curves and some nice rolling hills.)

I've thought about that, but the last time I was through there they had a traffic circle all torn up. We'll see as it gets closer.

The hard part is getting through historic EC without people getting caught at lights. I'm looking into using a route/map maker this year so everyone can follow along if they get caught at a light.

TGS2

Dr.Gonzo
Established Member
so what entails a "nice" car?

hahaha. I knew that would come up. I guess I'd define it as sports cars or highend touring cars.

I'm not trying to exclude a bunch of people, but I don't want a bunch of econo boxes showing up with unpainted body kits and stuff like that. Also the car will have to be able keep up. Not that we'll be flying, but some of the guys want to get on it here and there. :burnout:

Last year was a good photo op because we had "nice" cars there. Think about taking a pic with 20 bad ass cars and one hacked up rice rocket in the middle. Speaking of which, I'll move my ugly 95GT out of the way so you guys can take some good pics. :nonono:

SicMonte

AutoX/Road Race Junkie!!
Established Member
Is this "nice" enough to cruise with a bunch of mustangs?

IMG_2100.jpg

IMG_2097.jpg

IMG_3226.jpg

My g/f is on here too, sixcams, and she has a 04 cobra. I usually just drive with her but I would like to drive my own car. It is accepted and gets a crowd at local shows/cruise ins but I am not sure if it meets the "nice" criteria for a mustang cruise.

NickF1011

Established Member
I've thought about that, but the last time I was through there they had a traffic circle all torn up. We'll see as it gets closer.

Has been awhile since I've driven through that particular area. Where did they put another circle? I know there's one at Ten Oaks/Triadelphia and one at Folly Quarter/Shephards/Homewood.

Just for reference, I used to live off Caroll Mill Rd which cuts across Triadelphia to Folly Quarter about halfway down both toward 144.

smithboy76908

Mid-Atlantic Domestics
Established Member
Well, the Focus isn't a sports car or a high end touring car, and it is an Econo box. It's not riced though. hmmm... How about if the car can outrun a stock N/A 4.6L 32v, it can be in the cruise? lol

I'm in, if you don't mind me bringing the Turbo ZX3 out.

TGS2

Dr.Gonzo
Established Member
Has been awhile since I've driven through that particular area. Where did they put another circle? I know there's one at Ten Oaks/Triadelphia and one at Folly Quarter/Shephards/Homewood.

Just for reference, I used to live off Caroll Mill Rd which cuts across Triadelphia to Folly Quarter about halfway down both toward 144.

I'm thinking of the one at ten oaks and triadelphia. We went aroud it last year. I may have to adjust the route if they don't have it done by then.

*EDIT* I was through there today and they have it done. All is well.

That Monte Carlo is bad ass. Bring it! My 95GT will be in primer too.

A focus is cool. I'm trying to get my friend Steve to bring his SVT focus as well.

Last edited:

SicMonte

AutoX/Road Race Junkie!!
Established Member
I'm thinking of the one at ten oaks and triadelphia. We went aroud it last year. I may have to adjust the route if they don't have it done by then.

That Monte Carlo is bad ass. Bring it! My 95GT will be in primer too.

A focus is cool. I'm trying to get my friend Steve to bring his SVT focus as well.

Thanks for the kind words!!

I see that you are in westmonster...I am just south of there in Woodbine, off of Jennings Chapel Road. You should come down to check out my garage some time.

65SC

Established Member
I might be able to get my friend to show up with one of these,
CarPictures2021.jpg

TGS2

Dr.Gonzo
Established Member
is this nice enough?
005.jpg

No. don't bring that POS.

J/K lol

that is nice. Factory 5?

Anyone with a quality car is what I'm getting at.

I also have a guy bringing an American Flag edition Saleen. I had no idea these things existed until he bought his. Pretty cool.

65SC

Established Member
No. don't bring that POS.

J/K lol

that is nice. Factory 5?

Anyone with a quality car is what I'm getting at.

I also have a guy bringing an American Flag edition Saleen. I had no idea these things existed until he bought his. Pretty cool.

nope, 65 Shelby

NickF1011

Established Member

If that's still messed up I would suggest:

Triadalphia Rd to Sharp Rd to Burnt Woods Rd to Rt 32 to 144...or possibly even Rt 97 to 144 further west.

Or possibly take Sheppard Lane to Folly Quarter to Triadelphia to 144?

Plenty of options. Can you tell I used to cruise around the area a lot? :lol1:

TGS2

Dr.Gonzo
Established Member
If that's still messed up I would suggest:

Triadalphia Rd to Sharp Rd to Burnt Woods Rd to Rt 32 to 144...or possibly even Rt 97 to 144 further west.

Or possibly take Sheppard Lane to Folly Quarter to Triadelphia to 144?

Plenty of options. Can you tell I used to cruise around the area a lot? :lol1:

It isn't that bad as long as you don't take it north towards 32. I think we'll be okay.

NickF1011

Established Member
Ah CRAP! I just remembered I'm going to be in New Hampshire on the 19th. Dang it!! I was looking forward to this one all summer. :(

65SC

Established Member

or take ten oaks to howard rd to tridelphiamill, turn right then bare right, we will hit 97, turn left then right onto jennings chapel rd. take a turn here and there we end up on Rt27. turn right on to Rt144 and back to howard county. did the run yesterday in the Cobra and a friend on his BMW bike, not a bad run. plenty of curves and hills.

Users who are viewing this thread