Separation Anxiety

Road Racin'

Termanata' Killa'
Established Member
I've never considered myself co-dependant, but I find myself really wanting my Mach 1 back. I have to be honest, I have looked at other mustangs, but only looked!:p I’m picking the car up Friday and towing it up to Griggs on Monday where it will be for 2 weeks. Then back to Vortech for the final wrap up. At least I get to spend some quality time with her. :) Btw, she is doing well, VERY well on the dyno. :D

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
hey road racin ill keep an i on your mach 1. well sort of. im going to sears pt on the 27th to go draggin. ill stop by to check things out.
actually im jealous. i want the gr40 on my mach1 just dont have the cash yet.
so what is better waiting to collect the cash to create a perfect mach 1 or waiting for about a month for a perfect mach 1.

anyway let me know when your going to pick it up. maybe i can stop by and meet you? maybe get a ride in it? it wont be long now.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Trevor....push, PUSH & PUSH for it to be done soon.

We are going to have a BBQ at a Dealer & they are willing to spare a parking lot of us with FOOD, Music.

So bunch of us 03Cobra's, Lightnings & Mach1's should represent what our cars can do :beer: :beer:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51752

Come on Bro...pls chime in to tell us u can show of ur ride.

Between u & LB....that would be amazing.

Road Racin'

Termanata' Killa'
Established Member
Well, I left So. Cal. yesterady at 3:00 am and arrived in Sonoma at Griggs at 10:30 am. I hung there with the Griggs guys for a while. They are very cool and the shop is amaizing. The projects they were working on were awe inspiring. It made me want to finish up the Saleen. Anyway, I hung for a few hours then headded back arriving back in So. Cal at about 7:00pm. That is So. Cal to Nor. Cal to So. Cal in one day. I'm tired. In a few weeks it will all be worth it :D

Road Racin'

Termanata' Killa'
Established Member
Give me some time Man. I'm only human... :p. You know I'll post pics as soon as I download them...

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
LL he near my part of the city :thumbsup:

His Mach1 was the first one i was able to check out in person. :eek:
Loved what Ford did with the Interior & the freaking Shaker Hood...which i had it :(

Plus some other minor stuff that makes it stand out just nicely.

Well Coffee bro,. Coffee & post :p
Remember the Wicked never sleep.

Road Racin'

Termanata' Killa'
Established Member
Thanks LL. I'm actually in the SF valley but I'm basically anywhere between Oxnard and Burbank daily. I was in Sonoma at the track yesterday to drop off the car. I have to hand it to you Nor. Cal. people., it’s nice up there! It was 100 in the valley, 106 on the way back and a beautiful 73 degrees up north.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
how bout a ride?

hey road racing, what are the chances of getting a ride in your toy when you pick it up from griggs?

also has vortech done or said anything about the high compresion ratio or the lack of forged components in our engines? what type of boost are you currently running?

you are a lucky guy.:-D

Road Racin'

Termanata' Killa'
Established Member
On D bit,
The high compression won't be a problem. It's only about a half point higher then a GT. The Zo6's are 11:1 and getting 7+ psi. The most important part is the fuel/tuning system in this kit.. It includes a pump, 42# injectors, 90mm lightning MAF meter, and supplied chip tuning! Based on the 99/01 Cobras I would guess boost to be about 10psi. IMO, denotation will hurt the motor before pressure will. That’s why Vortech spends so much time on the R&D of these kits. They also tune them very conservatively.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
with the blower and griggs suspension your probably looking going to be driving 11 sec car. and a car that can hang with anything on any track. that is going to be awesome. nice job:thumbsup:

Road Racin'

Termanata' Killa'
Established Member
<giddy like a school girl> hehe, thanks! I can't wait <giddyness/>

That torque arm makes a huge difference even for drag. It really plants the rear tires.:beer:

ME BEFORE: :chicken:
ME AFTER: :burnout:

Last edited:

Tony_Montana87

BANNED!
GR40? Whats that? Ha ur away from ur baby that sux, but stick it out it will all be worth it, so hwo did u voulentere for ur stang 2 b suped up? Will there be any downsides to superchargering a Mach 1? Too much nose end weight?

Road Racin'

Termanata' Killa'
Established Member
Gr40 is Griggs Road racing suspension. Griggs is one of if, not the best suspension companies available for mustangs(opinion and fact).:thumbsup: I've built a number of project vehicles that showcase manufacturer products then end up in magazines and sema. It's automotive marketing and that's my job. Down sides to the blower... Whiplash and the frequent cost of replacing the tires:burnout: Nose wait, no way. This car is hundreds of pounds lighter then the cobra and the weight difference is almost all up front.:beer:

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
road racin when are you picking up your mach 1 from griggs. did you know there is a huge shelby meet at sears pt next weekend?
im going to be running thier at the wed night drags this wed and hope to take a pead at your car, plus im going back on sat to check out all the cool cars shelby cars and mustangs on sat. should be a lot of fun. if anyone is up in northern cali next weekend come check it out. it will be money.

Road Racin'

Termanata' Killa'
Established Member
On D Bit... Can I call you ODB for short?:p I'm going up to Griggs on Friday afternoon to pick the car up. Check with me closer to Friday and I might have a better idea of when I'll be there exactly. I'd love to stay for the shelby event but may not have time. Sears point... whats that??? j/k:p What the is hell is Infineon anyway??:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread