Sent wheels back to American Muscle.

Hart_Stang

Established Member
I just received my wheels from American Muscle. When I put the rear wheels on my mustang the wheels stuck outside the fender like a 4x4 truck. The wheels were Niche Targa 20x8.5/20x10 and the rear tire was a 305/35/20. I spoke with American Muscle they are taking the wheels back and giving me a full refund. The rear wheels had a +40 offset, I was just wondering what offset is needed to run a 305 tire without them sticking outside of the fender. Thanks in advance.

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
I just received my wheels from American Muscle. When I put the rear wheels on my mustang the wheels stuck outside the fender like a 4x4 truck. The wheels were Niche Targa 20x8.5/20x10 and the rear tire was a 305/35/20. I spoke with American Muscle they are taking the wheels back and giving me a full refund. The rear wheels had a +40 offset, I was just wondering what offset is needed to run a 305 tire without them sticking outside of the fender. Thanks in advance.

Hey Hart - This is a definitely an unpleasant first post and I'm sorry to hear about that.

Did you verify with our team that they we're the correct offset? We typically will not ever take back mounted and balanced wheels and tires and I'm happy to hear that our customer service team took these back for you.

Drop me a line if there's anything I can help out with and I'm happy to hunt for images for you of the kit that you're after.

Alex

Hart_Stang

Established Member
Customer service stated that since i placed the order over the phone that they would give a full refund. stated that the sales rep should have known if that tire and wheel combo would work. I appreciate your company standing behind the product yall sell. id be sick if i was stuck with wheels that didnt fit my car correctly. Thanks.

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
Customer service stated that since i placed the order over the phone that they would give a full refund. stated that the sales rep should have known if that tire and wheel combo would work. I appreciate your company standing behind the product yall sell. id be sick if i was stuck with wheels that didnt fit my car correctly. Thanks.

Hart - Ahh that's no good at all, I'm sorry to hear about that! We strive to have the best customer service possible and we'll never let anyone hang out to dry.

Maybe we can get a few guys to post up their setups in here.

In the meantime here's what I'm seeing onsite with customers running the 305.

3052.jpg

noldevin

Established Member
Sadly the Niche wheels have poor offset for tires any larger than the median recommended size. I have the 19x9.5 Targas and I don't think any more than a 275 would fit properly.

Hart_Stang

Established Member
Sadly the Niche wheels have poor offset for tires any larger than the median recommended size. I have the 19x9.5 Targas and I don't think any more than a 275 would fit properly.

Yea must be the offset. Mine looked bad, as soon as I put them on I knew something was not right.

Last edited:

Turboba6

Established Member
I have the 19X8.5" CS Wheels, that I Was going to get Widened to fit 305 Drag Radials, that being said, I Also Hate the 4 x 4 Look, if I widen them to the Inside,
what would the Offset be?? I Already Have the Sway bar Relocation done....

Vert

Established Member
Ummm did you not do any research before you bought the wheels?
Hate to say it op, but be prepared to be flamed for making your first post a bitch about a company that many on here hold in high regards.
Next time settle it with a vendor one on one and if then they won't help, make a post. Now go grab a tissue and dry your eyes.

_Snake_

Established Member
Hate to say it op, but be prepared to be flamed for making your first post a bitch about a company that many on here hold in high regards.
Next time settle it with a vendor one on one and if then they won't help, make a post. Now go grab a tissue and dry your eyes.

Do you have reading comprehension problems? Or did you not even bother to look at the first post?

SCalla1384

Established Member
With a 305 rear you'll want a +55mm offset. Which I believe forgestar and hre are the only two "off the shelf" wheels that offer that offset. Both on 11" wheels. The 45mm offset on the 10" wheels a 305 will most likely stick out just a little bit. But a 295 or 285 will clear.

Hart_Stang

Established Member

My intentions was not to come off as "bashing" American muscle. I have bought numerous items from them without a problem. I was just stating what happened so maybe no one else would run into the same problem.

Hart_Stang

Established Member
UPDATE: My account was just credited back a full refund. I would just like to say thanks to American muscle for standing behind their product and making the return as smooth as possible. I have nothing but good things to say and will be ordering more parts soon. Thanks

kona 199

reese 1
Established Member
thanks for the post.now we know American muscle are not all about selling but want smiles as well.:rockon:

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
UPDATE: My account was just credited back a full refund. I would just like to say thanks to American muscle for standing behind their product and making the return as smooth as possible. I have nothing but good things to say and will be ordering more parts soon. Thanks

thanks for the post.now we know American muscle are not all about selling but want smiles as well.:rockon:

Thanks for the update and my apologies for the trouble again Hart.

Don't hesitate to let me know if there's ever anything I can help out with moving forward. We pride ourselves on our customer service here.

Alex

bigblue95z

Established Member
I too ordered over the phone, Niche Targa w/305/35. They really need to say something about these not fitting a lowered car, either when I ordered or on the site itself. Otherwise you really don't know. Stock height, they work fine, but with just about any type of drop, they will rub the inside of the fender well. Feel pretty shitty cause now I'm stuck with them. Even tried to bump down to a 295/35, but still same result. You'll need a 45+mm offset to fit a 305 on a 20x10. Really wish I would have realized this before I ordered.

Highway Star

Established Member

What a douche. Ok, Mr. Company man. God forbid anyone should criticize a corporation. Which of course is not what he was doing. But we are all happy that you are offended on both American Muscle and our behalfs. Please be vigilant in case someone else has the unmitigared gall to criticize some other large corporation. They need all the help they can get.

Highway Star

Established Member
Do not ever ever ever be seen as criticizing a vendor!

What a douche. Ok, Mr. Company man. God forbid anyone should criticize a corporation. Which of course is not what he was doing. But we are all happy that you are offended on both American Muscle and our behalfs. Please be vigilant in case someone else has the unmitigared gall to criticize some other large corporation. They need all the help they can get.

scotmach

Established Member
I too ordered over the phone, Niche Targa w/305/35. They really need to say something about these not fitting a lowered car, either when I ordered or on the site itself. Otherwise you really don't know. Stock height, they work fine, but with just about any type of drop, they will rub the inside of the fender well. Feel pretty shitty cause now I'm stuck with them. Even tried to bump down to a 295/35, but still same result. You'll need a 45+mm offset to fit a 305 on a 20x10. Really wish I would have realized this before I ordered.

How about this, do some research before you embark on something like this and maybe take responsibility for your own actions?

PhillyLS1

Established Member
I have Niche Targas with a 285 tire on the back. I used to have a 305.

Not a problem.

Wife has Niche Essens with a 305 on the back. Not a problem.

Had Forgestar 18's and 20's on my car with a 295 and 305 with no problems either.

Vert

Established Member
Wonder if they are judging a wheel sticking out on just one side and if a panhard bar would cure the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread