Sensor question

Beavis281

Established Member
I can't, for the life of me, get this damn connector to snap back in. Slides off and never snaps in. It came out like it was supposed to. I don't think I broke anything.

I'm going to get a new one....but I'm not sure what this is called.

Cam sensor??

Can you guys help me out??

bf52f65bc5ae349b3c87d700121c9970.jpg

9f944a4fb02270a3764d2c0257610b6a.jpg

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
camshaft position sensor.

Sometimes the little tabs wear out/get brittle and they dont lock back in place even if its fully seated. Ive had some luck with pushing the tab down once its seated and it holds ok but that one is pretty important to keep it running if it should wiggle loose.

They sell splice repair kits that come with the connector, some pigtail and stuff to splice it with but I just de-pin the old and new connectors and pop the new one on. I think when I did my coil pack connectors I was able to get just the ends. Try looking around on a site like Tasca Ford parts page.

quick google search it looks like autozone and places like that carry these as well

Last edited:

hotcobra03

Established Member
I think its the same connector as fuel injectors and coils..

as also stated it might not click. .it should stay on..I had issues in that spot..had a break in harness 1 inch from connector..

If it comes off you will get po340 instant

Blueline

Established Member
You can change just the pig tail, if there is a failure I would say its on the plug side not the sensor side. Solder the new pig tail on and you will be on your way. I think if Im not mistaken, there was a little red gasket or such on the inside of the plug, is it in there?

Users who are viewing this thread