sending unit bad , and leaking gas !

EFFURJDM

Established Member
hi guys

so my 93 mustang i bought a month ago was sitting since 2004, and my sending unit doesn't work and i leak gas :uh oh:.
i went out this pass weekend and started to drift and i was throwing gas everywhere and i didn't know lol .

i have strong gas fumes when my windows r rolled down and driving at any speed, gives me headaches.

i haven't dropped my tank to check but looks like i leak from the filler neck and who knows where else. my girlfriend was driving behind me and she said when taking left turns i start to leak or taking off from a stop.

so my ? is should i replace my entire gas tank with the combo that lmr has ?
or no need to replace the gas tank ? like to save some money if i can .

if i dont need to replace my tank would i just replace the Filler Pipe To Trunk Floor Rubber ,and Fuel Tank Vapor Valve Seal ?

any input would be great thx guys

1987-93 Mustang Fuel Tank Kit with Efi by 50resto at LRS - Free Shipping!

Last edited:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Hard to say man. To answer that question you really need to just drop the tank and see where the damage is. Likely, it's just the seal where the filler neck goes in (I've had that go bad on me before), but without looking at it, nobody can say.

I'd pull the tank down and inspect it for damage. If there isn't any, just replace the seals and be done with it.

351wvan

Established Member
79-04 mustangs have a seal between the tank and filler neck, I belive fox body mustangs use part #F4DZ-9072-DA, I use to work for Ford in the parts department not to long ago the numbers are still fresh in my head lol

Users who are viewing this thread