Semi-Restoration

NXGHOST

Established Member
This winter I decided to do a semi-restoration on my 96 Cobra. Because it went from a daily driver (When living in Tennessee) to a weekend pleasure vehicle after moving back to Canada, I figured I would treat it to a real nice detailing session. The car wa already a real real clean car, It will just be the cleanest now! LOL. Here are some pics of what the car looked like last summer then some pics of the progress. Basically everything but the exterior paint is getting redone. Powdercoated most engine parts, took off the NX wet kit and going with a NOVI 1000.

Nov_07_2004_001.jpg

Nov_07_2004_005.jpg

Nov_07_2004_010.jpg

Now

DSC05581.JPG

DSC05582.JPG

DSC05584.JPG

DSC05585.JPG

cobra001.jpg

cobra003.jpg

cobra004.jpg

boothMedium.jpg

floors002.jpg

Hopefully I will have the engine back in come 2 weeks time!

Last edited:

NXGHOST

Established Member
Trust me my friend. My Patience has run out weeks ago! LOL.

BTW, I also refinshed the rear axle, All control arms, brakes etc. It will basically all be redone. New Hydroboost lines, A/C lines, the works baby!Then im guna take her back to the strip and fill it with rubber! hehehehe.

Last edited:

poisonpony96

Established Member
nice job bro! I can't wait till I can get a garage to do that in! I want to repaint the whole engine bay.

NXGHOST

Established Member
This is the funny part. I dont have the time or money! LOL. One thing led to another and now I am just trying to get it together before I lose my mind. It is very hard to keep calm and not get the urge to cut corners just to get it done quicker. The goal is to have it done May 1st. If I start getting stressed I just dont work on it instead of working on it and doing a crummy job.

Last edited:

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
damn man...now I really hate you!!!! ;-) :-D

Looks like a LOT of time and patience have been spent. I'm definately jealous of you, but I just have to keep telling myself to wait a few more months till I graduate and I can have the time and money to do that....AND more!!!

Props to you man. :thumbsup: If it were me I would have installed headers, an aftermarket K-member and everything as well, but I know that only cost more money...:-D

NXGHOST

Established Member
97CasperCobra said:
damn man...now I really hate you!!!! ;-) :-D

Looks like a LOT of time and patience have been spent. I'm definately jealous of you, but I just have to keep telling myself to wait a few more months till I graduate and I can have the time and money to do that....AND more!!!

Props to you man. :thumbsup: If it were me I would have installed headers, an aftermarket K-member and everything as well, but I know that only cost more money...:-D

It already has BBK Longtubes. I am not a supporter of Tubular K Members. The quality and geometry is hit and miss. Plus I have seen wht happens to a car using a Tubular is a slight front end collision. Looked like an accordian.

NXGHOST

Established Member
scotty98 said:
i want to do something like that to mine in a few years. Look good :thumbsup:

Thats funny cause I have been saying that for a few years! LOL. My few years finally came up and I built the guys to start ripping it apart. I remember shutting the car off thinking "I cant believe the next time I hear you run I will have restored you". It was like I started unscrewing the Strut Tower Brace thinking "What am I doing!???!!!"

NXGHOST

Established Member
A few more, got I love the Silver Vein Powdercoating. I did my intake and valve covers in it!

cobramar14005.jpg

cobramar14007.jpg

cobramar14006.jpg

cobramar14002.jpg

cobramar14003.jpg

cobramar14004.jpg

blacksvt10th

10th anniversary cobra
Established Member
Thats awesome, Im doing something similar to that on my 96 cobra too,it wasnt really taken well care of by the previous owner and im enjoying working on a little bit! Cool to share a similar interest like this.

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
Sick, I know exactly how you feel, this coming winter I will be doing something like that, since right now Im doing the whole outside just as thorough as that.

Users who are viewing this thread