Selling my PC....sorry guys.

dec322

Established Member
I love this section of the forums and keep on reading about people's detailing adventures but I have decided its not for me right now. I'll blame it on not enough time to master it....small kids that won't let me get away for a whole day to do this stuff...as if I could do it in a day :). I will also blame it on having a black car that is hard to get perfect. I feel like I spend tons of sweat/time to get mediocre results.

Instead I'll sell the pc and use the money to have it done professionally then try to keep it up. They are talking about charging around $250 but promise to make it look like glass. Any advice on questions I should ask....mixxer....zaxjax....mblgjr?

If anyone wants to buy it go here.

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
All of those guys are top notch sources for information - Mixxer (Kent) and Zax (Jason) have always helped me out step by step when needed.

dec322

Established Member
Yeah, I've learned alot from all 3. I'd pay them to do my vehicle but they are too far away.....unless mblgjr wants to do it :)

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
I love this section of the forums and keep on reading about people's detailing adventures but I have decided its not for me right now. I'll blame it on not enough time to master it....small kids that won't let me get away for a whole day to do this stuff...as if I could do it in a day :). I will also blame it on having a black car that is hard to get perfect. I feel like I spend tons of sweat/time to get mediocre results.

Instead I'll sell the pc and use the money to have it done professionally then try to keep it up. They are talking about charging around $250 but promise to make it look like glass. Any advice on questions I should ask....mixxer....zaxjax....mblgjr?

If anyone wants to buy it go here.

I have four kids and here's how you should do it. Do one panel at a time from start to finish. Start by washing the whole car, clay the whole car and dry. Polish the hood and get it perfect and put on your LSP. Next week, wash and do another panel from start to finish.

If you do get a professional detail, ask for references, check with the Better Business Bureau. Ask to check out the shop, and ask what products they use for paint correction. If glazes are their paint correction products, walk away!

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
If I had a free weekend I'd jump at it for you; unfortunately my plate is full between work and overtime.

PM me and I'll shoot you a couple of places in Bham that should be able to do the car nicely.

Who is "they" talking about that kind of money (its not *that* far off; just wondering who because *most* places in Bham are a bunch of HACKS from most everything I've seen).

Last edited:

ScareCrow

"Facts are stupid things"
Established Member
Don't give up!
Once you get it down, it goes so quick!

+1

This first time I used the pc and spent a whole day on the car , I was less than thrilled with the results. After doing a little more research before doing it again, the results turned out great. The more you do it , the more tips you pick up on and learn what to do , and what not to do.

When I know I wont have time to do everything in a day , I work panel by panel. That way Im not having to rush anything.

mystic04

Established Member
Taking time is key unless your pressed to finish off in a day. just this weekend i spedn 12 hour son a 2002 benze amg 55 BLACK !!!! swirls marks so bad i'll be posting pics this week on the job. i told the owenr tha ti won't be able to get all the marks out but i get at least 90% or better, Also said i needed the car for 2 days received friday about 12pm and returned it back on saturday about 1:30. Benze clear is hard as H$ll. So taking one's time is the key to a good or great finish.

Users who are viewing this thread