Selling my IRS in Michigan.... Any solid stangs want to trade?

Stang2WRX

Established Member
Hey guys,

Not many of you know me yet, but I hope to meet most of you this summer when I'm working at Ford.

I get out of school May 13th, and I start at Ford as a Powertrain Engineer May 23rd...

Anyway, I just got done getting my car ready power wise, I hope to swap out my IRS and get a cage while im in dearborn for the summer.

Can you guys help set me up with somebody who wants to trade?

I'm going to start searching for a lift I can use for the day up there....

-Chris "Kitt"

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
You are coming to drive the bumpiest roads in the nation my friend. Maybe a ride/drive in a Level 5 IRS car will purge these thoughts. :nonono:

Stang2WRX

Established Member
postban said:
You are coming to drive the bumpiest roads in the nation my friend. Maybe a ride/drive in a Level 5 IRS car will purge these thoughts. :nonono:

I would love to, but level 5 halfshatfs, and an IRS build is way more $ out of pocket then selling the IRS and building up a solid rear.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Stang2WRX said:
I would love to, but level 5 halfshatfs, and an IRS build is way more $ out of pocket then selling the IRS and building up a solid rear.

You don't need level 5 shafts to make the car stop hopping.

Stock bars last longer with hop reduced.

The rest of the buildup is under a $K if you stay stock toelink bars.

But you know all this shit, not trying to preach, sure you have seen all my blather anyway.

I know its expensive man, my experience in doing what you are considering doing makes me believe it to be worth it.

Good luck with the solid if you do decide to go that way.

Whiskey City

Established Member
Hey Postban,

Would it be worth it swapping this dude out? I've been lamenting the live rear axle in my emasculated Cobra since I "procured" it.

BTW, Stang2WRX, I've got an 8.8", 3.73 Eaton Posi that hooks like there's no tomorrow...I'm just a purist, ya know? Oh yea, and I'm in Michigan A LOT so location is not an issue.

WC

Last edited:

Stang2WRX

Established Member
Nice... you bought postban's old car right? or did you buy somebody elses...

I will be working at ford, but helping doug out when I can (free labor is always welcomed I guess).

I'll be around and will be a big part of MCT if possible when im there.

I'd love to chat more about this possible trade, I want to be on slicks by fall.

Whiskey City

Established Member
Stang2WRX said:
Nice... you bought postban's old car right? or did you buy somebody elses...

I will be working at ford, but helping doug out when I can (free labor is always welcomed I guess).

I'll be around and will be a big part of MCT if possible when im there.

I'd love to chat more about this possible trade, I want to be on slicks by fall.

Yep, it's PB's ole' ride. I've been treatin' her right down in KY. Send me a PM and we can "chat".

WC

Users who are viewing this thread