Selling my car guys

carguy19

Established Member
After 2 great years and only 2800 miles I have decided to part with my favorite mustang I've owned in my life (the 16th in total).

As some of you know, I work in the high line/exotic auto sales industry and although I love every ounce of my 757 whp GT500, there is so much opportunity right now in investing in cars that are really appreciating quickly.

I know most of you will be sad to see a true mustang guy part with his car, but I will post pics of my new toy/investment as soon as I find the right car. If any of you guys know anyone that would be wiling to sell their 1996-1997 Porsche 911 Turbo, please contact me. That is what I will be buying.

If my experience and knowledge in my industry is correct on this one, I should be able to buy a GT500 back and have another $150-200K leftover in 4-5 years. This is me being smart rather then emotional. It hurts my heart to sell my car but I know the guy buying it is a great guy and a member here.

I want to thank from the bottom of my heart my friends in this hobby that I love.....

Jay- BLWN04SVTCOBRA- You have gone above and beyond for me. You and Jen are a true friends and you are a brother to me. One of your inventions is going to take off and you are going to be a wealthy man. I just hope you let me be your sales guy when that happens. :D

Van- you are the definition of customer service and you find a way to make me smile every time i order a $20 part or a $4000 package. Your success is because of how you treat your customers.

Jared @ Lethal- We go way back. Thank you for all the years of taking care of your boy from 'up north'. I have to smarten up and move to Florida from the tri state area like you did. If I could only think of a business as successful as yours.

Chuck from evolution performance- While I can't say much in the way of nice things about fred, nelson, lund and their business practices. Chuck stayed 2 hours past closing when I got my car tuned when lund and fred left to go home and my tune wasn't right. Chuck I don't know if you read this board, but I'd open a shop with you any day. You're a great guy and a great mechanic. Its a shame you get labeled in all the negative press with evolution and L&M.

You guys will see me on here and back with another car someday soon. This decision is strictly to improve my family's financial situation and future. It hurts me to let go of my car that I love so much, but I know its the right move for a guy my age (39).

carguy19

Established Member
I think you will get burned by the upcoming "Porsche bubble." Don't buy a car for an investment...

I appreciate the feedback, but I have worked in the industry for 20 years. The model I am looking at has appreciated more then 60% in the past year.

1994 models that were 85K 3 years ago are selling for 350K right now.

The 96-97 cars which they only made about 4000 of are the last air cooled and only AWD and air cooled turbos ever made.

I've been following them the past 5-6 years.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
I appreciate the feedback, but I have worked in the industry for 20 years. The model I am looking at has appreciated more then 60% in the past year.

1994 models that were 85K 3 years ago are selling for 350K right now.

The 96-97 cars which they only made about 4000 of are the last air cooled and only AWD and air cooled turbos ever made.

I've been following them the past 5-6 years.

How do you know it will continue to climb in price though? I am not knocking you, but how do you know you aren't buying at the very top? I considered buying a GT3 RS 2 years and I didn't because I thought it was too risky as an investment and I bought a car that I felt was the better car instead

Last edited:

carguy19

Established Member
How do you know it will continue to climb in price though? I am not knocking you, but how do you know you aren't buying at the very top? I considered buying a GT3 RS 2 years and I didn't because I thought it was too risky as an investment

Every turbo model that porsche has made since the introduction in 1976 has increased in value.

In 1996-97 the car was 10 years ahead of its time. Supply and demand will drive the prices up continuously. I am not looking for a 1 year profit on the car. I am looking to keep it for 5-10 years.

PS- if you would have bought the last GT3RS you would have already made a 70-80K profit on the car. The 2016 model that is coming out is already fetching 100K over MSRP and they havent even began delivering the cars yet.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Good luck with the future investments, I had no idea a Porsches were going up in value so much, hopefully it all works out. Great thing is when ever you want to buy another GT500 they will always be around with low miles

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Every turbo model that porsche has made since the introduction in 1976 has increased in value.

In 1996-97 the car was 10 years ahead of its time. Supply and demand will drive the prices up continuously. I am not looking for a 1 year profit on the car. I am looking to keep it for 5-10 years.

PS- if you would have bought the last GT3RS you would have already made a 70-80K profit on the car. The 2016 model that is coming out is already fetching 100K over MSRP and they havent even began delivering the cars yet.

Interesting. Best of luck!

I think the R33 GT-R and R34 GT-R are also cars you should watch closely. I plan on getting the R34 GT-R within the next 6-8 months because I can see that going up.

carguy19

Established Member
Interesting. Best of luck!

I think the R33 GT-R and R34 GT-R are also cars you should watch closely. I plan on getting the R34 GT-R within the next 6-8 months because I can see that going up.

I am already on that, the problem is that they are a fortune to get them federalized to be legal to register in the USA. They are trending heavily upwards.

Also, I would never drive a right hand drive car. Just not comfortable with it. I've tried 50 times.

StangsfeverFOX

Established Member
cant wait to pick up the car , this has been one of the easiest buys iv ever done so far ,
van ill be ordering few things off you in the next week or so..

paluka21

Established Member
Carl - sad to see you selling the '500 but you gotta do what's right for yourself and family.

carguy19

Established Member
Thanks to all.

Its bittersweet for me, but after 16 mustangs, I'm not stopping there.

If they make a 500 in the new bodystyle I may have to order one :D

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Best of Luck to the new owner....Carl just because you sold the Shelby doesn't mean you have to be a stranger....you will be back anyways...lol.

carguy19

Established Member
Best of Luck to the new owner....Carl just because you sold the Shelby doesn't mean you have to be a stranger....you will be back anyways...lol.

Of course not. I will be attending shows and meets. I still have an open spot in the garage even after I find the porsche. Maybe I will go back to a fox body for now ;)

Users who are viewing this thread