Selling my 99 Cobra 'Track Car'

ccjcobra99

Established Member
10Key said:
Sorry to hear, no doubt that its replacement will be able.

I was feeling very nostalgic when I wrote the add, I have a tone of work into the car and it is incredibly capable on a road course. In the end I want a car that is both lighter and has more power on the track. $ and lots of time working on the car would get me there, I would rather spend the time with my Daughter. I plan to pick up an 02-04 Z06 which is both lighter and has more power.

C Weil

Established Member
For all those interested, I've been given a ride in this very capable car (by the very capable driver) and it is indeed very quick- you were in the high 1:30s-1:40 at PR, right? Very well balanced, tasteful modification from the work I have seen. All the "right" modifications, too- Torsen diff, roll bar, irs bushings (along with tubular suspension), and all the chassis bracing. Thumbs up!

For what it's worth, if I hadn't had to buy the Cobra I did a month or so ago, I would've snapped up this one.

Clarke, I take it it worked out well in the end?

Congrats on the step up to the Z06, by the way!

ccjcobra99

Established Member
C Weil said:
For all those interested, I've been given a ride in this very capable car (by the very capable driver) and it is indeed very quick- you were in the high 1:30s-1:40 at PR, right? Very well balanced, tasteful modification from the work I have seen. All the "right" modifications, too- Torsen diff, roll bar, irs bushings (along with tubular suspension), and all the chassis bracing. Thumbs up!

I turned a 1:41 in the car on worn out Hoosiers (corded them that day), and although I'm quick, I am by no means a pro. In fact my dad (01 Z06) gave me the point by that day as well. The last time the car was out on track was August in Portland, co driven by myself and local (pro racer) Carlo Sparcio. I held my own in the top group (with Z's and Vipers on slicks) not knowing the track and Carlo absolutely laid waste to every car he approached. The car is super fast on a track. especially considering its making 298 @ the rear wheels.

For what it's worth, if I hadn't had to buy the Cobra I did a month or so ago, I would've snapped up this one.
Well Chris you could always sell 'that Cobra' and pick this one up. Make me an offer :)

Clarke, I take it it worked out well in the end?
You lost me here, little fuzzy after the holidays. :)

Congrats on the step up to the Z06, by the way!
Thanks, the unwritten rule is sell the mustang first, so I am working on that. I picked a slow time to sell. My dad seems to be pushing me to get a Z harder then I am, he keeps sending me links of cars for sale locally.

Tylerb59

Established Member
Sweet.

How long did it take to sell? I'm pushing forward to put additional money into my loan so I can drop mine off at a dealer so I can buy Chuck's Cobra sooner.

Already have all of my parts for sell ... reverting to stock ... this is a pain in the ass!

I'm hurrying Chuck ...

ccjcobra99

Established Member
10Key said:
Congrats, post is worthless w/o pics...

The Cobra leaving home.
3-2-06mustanggone.jpg

The Z in the garage. I will hopefully have better pics. soon.
2-24-06z06athome.jpg

ccjcobra99

Established Member
Tylerb59 said:
Sweet.

How long did it take to sell? I'm pushing forward to put additional money into my loan so I can drop mine off at a dealer so I can buy Chuck's Cobra sooner.

Already have all of my parts for sell ... reverting to stock ... this is a pain in the ass!

I'm hurrying Chuck ...

I put the car up for sale at the worst possible time in the market: Dec. 14.
I lowered the price in mid Jan. and started to get a fair amount of interest when the weather got better. This guy came all the way from Utah for the car although there were a number of local interesed parties including torquemonster (Trey).

ccjcobra99

Established Member
Joe5.0 said:
NOOOOOOOOO! :nono: :nonono: :bash:

What can I say? I decided that I had put enough money into the 99 and wanted something with less weight and more power. The Z does both stock with ease.

C Weil

Established Member
Congrats, Clarke! Hope you're happy with the new toy. Nice color!

You never did get back to me, though- did the fuel pump work out ok?

Hope to see you at the track with it sometime soon! ;)

ccjcobra99

Established Member
C Weil said:
Congrats, Clarke! Hope you're happy with the new toy. Nice color!

You never did get back to me, though- did the fuel pump work out ok?

Hope to see you at the track with it sometime soon! ;)

Thanks Chris.
I had decided about a month ago that I wasn't going to bother with the pump b/c on the street and auto x I never had a problem. The new owner has intentions of tracking the Cobra almost full time so I let him know where / how I had issues at the track and sent the pump with him.

Users who are viewing this thread