Selling my 93, need some advice

#1pony

Established Member
I am selling my car and want to get some advice from other 93 owners. Is this a good asking price? If not should I go up or down and how much? I want to get as much possible but do not want to give it away either. Here is the link. 93 Mustang Cobra

The car had just been repainted when I bought it six years ago. I did not notice until later that there was a small rust spot under the lip of the hatch just to the right of the Cobra decal on the back. I don't know why this was not fixed and I never got around to fixing it. It is not all the way through the paint but you can see some bubbling under the clearcoat. Also the driver seat will need to be re upholstered and a tear in the back seat will need to be patched. Even with all of that I won Track Choice award at a Fun Ford Weekend in Ennis, Texas a few years back.

How much will this hurt my asking price? I also have the stock wheels in boxes and brand new set of OEM floor mats. The price I am asking on the link does not include these so if I did include them how much would it add?

I know this is long but any advice would be apreciated. I have had alot of intrested but no buyers, yet....

Thanks Jason

1993R

Established Member
I think the asking price is fair and you should get around $7500 for it. I think not having the original rims mounted and on the car plus the rust will hurt the value in the SE...but it just my opinion. Also clean the engine.........

buddha93

Established Member
The market is really soft on these cars right now. A lot of guys are unloading them, so there are a fair amount to choose from. I'd say a bigger percentage are in the 100k mile club and in the $10k price range.......some selling, more just sitting.

I think your fine on your pricing, but be prepared to go lower if you really need it gone or you may be waiting a while. Good luck with the sale.

WillyB93

Established Member
I would detail the engine compartment and stay pretty firm at that price!!!! For the extra parts just compare some sites and prices and list for fair price!!!

bad93svt

Established Member
part the car out, you will get more money than trying to sell it.

put parts on ebay & start selling..

thats what I am doing.:banana:

Gecko86

Established Member
part the car out, you will get more money than trying to sell it.

put parts on ebay & start selling..

thats what I am doing.:banana:

That has to be Genius advise of the day:banana:. Part out a complete car that you Can't sell for 8k so that you can maybe,maybe get 5k:shrug: in parts in about six months if you are lucky. But if you do decide to take this advise it will help the resale value of the remaining cars,so yeah part it out!
By the way this is the same guy that is Selling a complete Hatch door with the wing for $500.When if you Craigslist the OEM spoiler they are selling in the range of $150 and under and have been as cheap as $75 and the rest of the hatch is the same as a regular Fox.

RydeOn

SVTeam
Established Member
There is nothing wrong with that advice. I would rather part out than "give away". The parts are worth good money to someone with a ragged 5.0.

If you sell the car running at least clean it up good, inside and out. Put the stock wheels back on and sell the aftermarket ones. Sell the new floormats on ebay and at least make some money back. I think you are close on price maybe a couple hundred lower?? just my guess

Last edited:

buddha93

Established Member
If you don't mind the work, parting it out is very good advice. I've done it before myself. Hell, I know guys that would buy modded cars, only to part them out and make a few bucks.

Like it was said, it you don't want to give it away, it's a good way to recoup your cash. Generally speaking, going this way will get you close to, or even more then your asking price. It all depends on what sort of aftermarket parts you've got to sell.

#1pony

Established Member
Thanks for all of the advice. Putting the stock wheels back on is a good idea. Also, where else would ya'll place the ad? Ebay,local paper, local forums, etc?

buddha93

Established Member
F' Ebay unless you plan on giving it away.

Try all of the Mustang forums. Autotrader is a good place too, as most people looking in there are real buyers, not looky-lous on the net.

Users who are viewing this thread