Selling my 67' coupe...

02stampede

Established Member
I have a 67 mustang coupe with a 289 and a 3 speed top loader. Its been sitting for some time. It needs a little work. The last time I had it running, there was some kind of coolant leak which replacing head gaskets didnt fix. The tired, old, drum brakes need to be upgraded or switched to front disc's. The body, has a dull but clean dark forest green paint and is straight as an arrow with no rust or bondo. The interior has new carpet and seats but items such as handles and weather stripping havent been installed yet.

Basically, I need advice on how much work/money to put in to get maximum resale. I dont mind the elbow grease as much as the money. Id like to see 5k to 8k when I sell it. I have about 3.5k invested over the past 8 years or so. What do you guys think?:shrug:

themadgnome

I don't talk stock
Established Member
I personally think you could see those figures right now, all you need to do is "spiff" it up to get the buyers attention. If the paint is a little dull, get some polishing compoud and a random orbital buffer and go to town. These cars are very hard to find with little or no rust so there is a selling advantage right there. As far as upgrading the brakes to disks, it's going to cost you more than its worth, I would just get the brakes working well enough to safely drive the car, then the new owner can do what they want with it. The weather stripping and handles can become very expensive, and honestly from the sounds of it, the car will most likely be getting a new paint job, so those items will need to be replaced anyways. But hey, thats just my .02 from my experience restoring a 65. It was fun but 5 years later and I'm still not done...

Users who are viewing this thread