Selling Cobra for Something Different

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
I intended to sell my Cobra when I bought a Viper, but I kept both. The Cobra has some unique value to me, and it is fun to drive. I treat it as well as the Viper but it is more of the fun car, the parts are cheaper, it is easier to drive without worry, and it splits the miles up between the cars.
If you have a place for both and can budget it, two is betebe than one. But if you have to finance both... Well, that is a personal choice but I wouldn't.

HPLouis

Established Member
I had a convertible that I sold because I wasn't driving it, it only had 4800 miles, bone stock, etc. I got tired of staring at it. I had it for about 2.5 years. After selling it, I even went as far as leaving all Terminator Facebook groups and tried to stop hanging out here. I became a lurker.

As much as I had to admit it, I really missed the car. I started scouring the Market here, Facebook again, eBay and Craigslist. I saw the car in my sig in several places and started talking to the guy. He sounded cool so I went to see the car. I fell in love and bought it right there.

I got rid of the car because I want to plan for my retirement. Funny thing is right after I got rid of the car, I got a promotion with an increase that would have covered everything. I was holding it in but I was pissed that I didn't wait a couple of more weeks. Getting this car made it worthwhile though. I got a car with the mods I wanted and a coupe.

I'm at the dyno now getting ready to put it on the rollers. Let's see what it can do.

SLPRCTM

Established Member
I made the jump and couldn’t be happier. Just sold my black vert 03 Cobra with a 2.3 Whipple and 32k miles. Car was near perfect. Purchased a new 2018 ZL1-1LE. I have always been a Ford guy and grew up with mustangs. The Cobra just wasn’t my thing anymore and really never drove it. I still have a fully restored 66 coupe and a 2016 Fiesta St. The ST is a lot of fun to play with. The Camaro is the most fun car I have ever driven and to me looks wicked from all angles. I looked at the GT350R but it just didn’t seam like what I was looking for.

KEVINS

Established Member
I used to get emotionally attached to my cars but not anymore. I say sell it b/c if you change your mind about the new purchase maybe something even better will come along. Get rid of the manual trans car and keep stepping up to something better. Times change and so does your desires.

ks

Venom351R

Established Member
As of a few yrs ago I had a 94 Cobra ( My 5th Mustang and 1st Cobra ) and sold it. Currently I have decided that I want to get another one but moving up to the 03/04 Cobra this time. Regret can be subjective. I do not regret selling my last one but I do know that I do want another one. I would never discourage anyone from selling theirs though b/c I'll be in the market to buy one in a few yrs :)

aarons04cobra

Established Member
I would miss the raw, aggressive feel of the cobra too much to not own one. My choice would be to keep the cobra and just save up until you can afford to add a V or ZL1 to the collection without needing to sell.

Patience my friend... Patience

Users who are viewing this thread