Selling 92 ZR-1 Corvette For Cobra

Lowflight

Established Member
Well guys and gals, I am thinking hard about selling my low mile ZR-1 for a Cobra. My rational is 3-Fold:

I don't want to mod the Z because it is expensive and tedious for what you get.
I am not the most mechanically inclined guy and I would rather be modding when working on a car rather than fixing and repairing 16 year old parts.
Last, I am staying in the same price range in order to get a C6Z06 next year or 1 1/2 years after the new house.

I love the car, but I want something I can abuse a little more and still have fun and be more reliable AND if something does break, I can get the part from autozone or a dealer etc...not off ebay from a wrecked car for a HUGE markup. For those of you who came from C4 vettes...what am I going to miss? I know the Cobra engine will be awesome. I have driven two Cobras and what I remember is that you feel as if you are sitting on the roof and the shifter look,feel,design,etc...is crap and it shifts like it. Other than that, I remember being impressed. How is the car on back roads in the curves? Can you push it, or does it feel like it will come off the road? What mods do you need to break into the low 12 high 11s?

Juruense

Banned
You need to buy the Cobra now during winter when prices are a bit depressed and wait until spring to unload the Corvette if you can afford to.

You are going to love your Cobra! What color will you get? Will you get a convertible? Are you going to buy stock or modified?

Lowflight

Established Member
I have a buyer for my Z, he has been wanting it forever, that should not be a problem. I wil take any color but Black or Yellow. No NOS and prefer tasteful mods to the car but no lowered or aftermarket wheels or bling BS. I want lower than 30k miles and a babied car garage kept with 9.5/10 paint. I prefer DSG, then Sonic,then Refire,Then White...but condition is more important. Will pay more for a KB car if done right. Prefer coupe, but will not rule out a nice vert.

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
Who doesn't love lamp?

Any more suggestions

Baxter?

You will probably find that the Cobra is not the greatest handling performance car imo from the factory, now it does have irs, and there are many guys on this forum that have Cobras that outhandle many other performance cars. Handling is not why I bought a Cobra so I don't plan on making any serious improvements in that area. But with the right mods it can handle extremely well. There is a ton of information in this forum, and you can probably find the answer to any question you may have on here.:read:

A Terminator is a huge improvemnt over a C4, now the ZR1's are badass, but I can pretty much gurantee you that you will not be disappointed.:rockon:

Goodluck:beer:

Last edited:

04Venom

Established Member
You can't go wrong with a Cobra; it will do what you want and more. A C6 Z06 is in a different league, both in performance, but also, unfortunately, in price as well. Having owned an 04 Cobra and now a 07 Z, I like the Z more, but NOTHING compares to the bang for the buck of the Terminator. Look up badass in the dictionary and you will find a picture of the 03-04 Cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread