Selling 2012 GT base after accident

capefear

Established Member
January 2012 I wrecked the stang and the airbag came out. Two years and 20K miles later the car drives good IMO but it's time to sell because I have to purchase a house and will get another when the time is better.

The car's been on autotrader for a few months, started at $20K then to $18K with little interest once I reveal the accident history.

Today carmax offered $16K which I guess is fair considering the lack of interest at $18K. They also stated the car would not be sold on their lot and would have to go to auction because of airbag deployment.

From your prospective what kind of deal is this, am i getting screwed?

Carmax will ultimately profit from this deal, should i take it to auction myself?

Anything I should know before I sign her over maybe hold on a little longer?

Thanks

-Accident with $10K of damage focused on the right side of the front end and fender.

-No frame damage or salvage title just 10k of damage and passenger airbag deployment.

Thanks for any advice.

Here's my ad in the classified with post accident pics: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2011-mustang-gt-v6-buy-sell-368/982285-2012-gt-6m-base-18k.html#post13772336

Moral of the story is dont wreck your car because they have a base on their lot for $24K.

the5

Established Member
Well Auction price for your car is around 15k, so its not a bad offer but they are leaving some meat on the bone for them. Im sure you could sell at $17k if you find the right buyer.

clean92lx

Established Member
If your willing to take 18k for it private party, then 16k from low balling MF'n car max is a good deal. I would take it just so I don't to have to wonder if or when someone will ever buy private party plus all the headache of making sure they transfer the title out of your name before they go running tolls or who knows what else.

Vert

Established Member
Have you tried to sell it locally? I know craigslist is spammer heaven, but I have had good luck selling cars on it. I would mention what one lists for and that it was in an accident professional repaired and you are letting it go for $$ under retail. Only issue is it is the wrong time of the year for serious buyers.

jas11151990

Established Member
Its not a bad offer and will only drop more in value when the 2015 is released. If you dont have to sell you can wait, I would just take every part off and trade it for that price if not.

Users who are viewing this thread