Sell the GT and get a Cobra?

Sell the GT for a Cobra?

• Move home sell the GT and get a Cobra EASY!

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • Keep the Apt. and scrape buy with a Cobra payment.

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Keep the paid off GT and the Apt with ease.

Votes: 48 70.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tarp02GT

I LOVE JESSICA ALBA
Established Member
Here is the deal, I have a full bolt on 2002 GT with a full stereo and everyhting. I really want a 03-04 cobra which are at some very good prices right now. With that being said my GT is paid off. If I got the cobra it would put a much bigger burden on my wallet. I could always move home and get it without a care in the world. So whadda ya think?

Last edited:

Coiled03

Established Member
Seeing as how you couldn't pay me to move back home, and I don't like having to live paycheck to paycheck, I voted for keep the GT and the apartment.

FuryShift

You are slow.
Established Member
Keep the GT, that's easy. What's so special about a Cobra over a full bolt on GT?

Sonik Blur

]V[EGADET]-[
Established Member
Well, are you simply paying rent or are you paying to own? If you're just renting, you're wasting money anyway. I am saving up to move out but I will not pay rent. If you rent-to-buy, when it's paid off, your house/apartment is yours. If you rent, you pay and pay and whn you move out you get nothing but your security deposit, if even that. I want to move out of my parents house but I'm not financially ready. Now I realize that sometime you have to do what you have to do, but if given the choice why not milk your parents for shelter and food while you save for a house that you will OWN one day even if you have to put up with some shit once in a while? As for the Cobra, I'd hold off if you intend own your own place. Property will ALWAYS yield more money than a car anyday! Don't worry, 03/04 Terminator Cobras aren't going anywhere, I'm sure there's always gonna be some low mileage Cobra down the road. But, if you can afford it all then go for it!!

-Mike

RED2003COBRA

Established Member
Take it from someone who bought a 03 Cobra after he paid off his GT. The smart thing to do is keep the GT and get your own place. People spred themselves too thin trying to buy cars they can't afford. I see it all the time. Knew a young enlisted guy in the AF who bought a ZO6 since his parents were hoping they'd win a lawsuit. They lost and I was hard off till he got rid of the car. If you have to live at home to afford a cobra, don't mess up your finances over a car.

Lance

Y2KSVT

Established Member
I don't know your situation entirely, but would suggest keeping the GT, and putting money aside for things in life that will net you a return. A home for instance would be your best bet. It's probably tough to do, with already having a rent payment, but it can be done. If anything, keep the GT and move home for a year and put the amount of your rent payment aside for a downpayment on a house. Or sell the GT in a year and take that money, along with the money you saved living at home, and buy the Cobra straight up, or with a small payment and move back out. I'd personally not made these decisions based off of a car though.

Mark

Last edited:

UtOhCop

Established Member
Buy a kenne bell and be done with it. Why would you want to start paying for a car again?

Thomas Morgan said:
about 200 horsepower. :poke:
or 50rwhp....... I say keep the 02 GT, that is a very nice car, and a 03 cobra is not THAT much better then the GT you have. Definately not worth paying an extra 10K to 15K on top of the money you get for selling your GT.

Last edited:

TEABG

Banned
Red99mustangman said:
or 50rwhp....... I say keep the 02 GT, that is a very nice car, and a 03 cobra is not THAT much better then the GT you have. Definately not worth paying an extra 10K to 15K on top of the money you get for selling your GT.

50RWHP?? My old full bolt on 01 GT barely made 295 RWHP. Bassani Cat-Back,X-Pipe,Long-Tube headers,Intake, CAI,T-Body,Pulleys,Custome Tune. STI-SRT4 either licked me or I barely won. Most of the time I was dead even.

Last edited:

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
You just have to have the right GT ;-)

Keep the GT and the apartment. Wait till you have a better job or alot more money saved.

TEABG

Banned
SQ Stang said:
You just have to have the right GT ;)

We were talking FULL BOLT on's. I not sure if blower's were included on the list. If you have deep pocket's you can make big power with a GT. My Saleen E has a fully built GT motor, yea they can make great power. But we also want them to last.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread