Sell the Cobra to Get A GT350?

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
Beautiful car! I'm not the biggest fan of the new body styles, but they're def growing on me. I do however love the GT350/R's.

Me personally-- i'm not sure I could let go of my 04 for the GT350, but I would do it for the GT350R in a heartbeat. It's something i'll consider doing in the future for sure...

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Killer looking car and photos!
I saw this post on that other Mustang forum today and commented. (Didn't know that was you.)

Thanks man. I am all over the place.

Tough choice, both are nice, but the new GT350 is a completely different car liked mentioned above several times. I will say you WILL miss the supercharger. I ordered a 2016 GT350 with one of my Ford dealers I do business with, knowing if I didn't like it , he had a buyer for it. I drove a 2012 GT500 he had as his demo, and I could not get that supercharger whine out of my brain. Nothing beats that kick in the pants feel of a supercharger so I bought a 2013 GT500 instead. Saved 12K. Hold off till the new GT500 comes out. As far as the markup goes, shop around a little. I deal with over 70 Ford dealers with my job and some are a little over sticker but most are at sticker. In fact, one of my dealers I deal with has a 2017 GT350, Grey with blue stripes, still untouched by the service dept., that a customer ordered, has a medical issue now and cant buy the car, and the dealer is willing to sell it at sticker.
Dude if you hear about an R let me know!!
Nice 350!

But something tells me if you're posting in this section, the terminator is still on your mind. You'll be back one day......
True words. I don't regret selling the cobra, but I very much enjoyed my ownership experience with that car. Still have thoughts and dreams of a mystichrome. I could definitely see buying one, tossing on a set of wheels with a nice drop and have a fun cruiser.

blue 07

Established Member
Thanks man. I am all over the place.

Dude if you hear about an R let me know!!
How about a black on black GT350R !!??
True words. I don't regret selling the cobra, but I very much enjoyed my ownership experience with that car. Still have thoughts and dreams of a mystichrome. I could definitely see buying one, tossing on a set of wheels with a nice drop and have a fun cruiser.

SROLD

Established Member
Just went through what you are contemplating. Owned Term vert since new in 9/2002 and enjoyed tremendously....but really wanted a GT350 since they first came out in 1965. Bought GT350 a year ago for 5 over in Wisc, drove there for 3 months and then brought to Az. Just sold my super clean slightly modded Term 1 1/2 weeks ago without any huge regrets. Both are great cars, but in different ways. Term exploded in acceleration and 350 is more linear. Both very quick. GT350 gets better fuel mileage and is way more advanced technologically. Payments not an issue. Go with your gut, but I feel I really made the right choice.

Users who are viewing this thread